We've been busy with holiday activity.
- Kevra, Jessica, Mom and me went to see the Nutcracker on the 4th. We go every year. It was fun, and even though I've seen it probably 50 times, I look forward to it.
- On the 11th, we went to dinner with the Stockers and then to see the Sonoran Desert Choir. It was at this pretty Methodist church in downtown Mesa. They were really good. They sang some non traditional and some traditional pieces. The SW Brass Quintet also performed with them and they were wonderful too. It was very festive, we enjoyed it so much.
- The kids concerts were both on the 14th. They both did a good job and we love to listen, knowing all the work that went into it. We go out for a treat after and tried this Gelato place on Dobson and Warner. Check it out, they have tons to choose from.
- We had RS on the 16th, a very nice evening thinking about the Savior and what he taught us and what gift I could give him.
- The 18th was my VT and friends brunch. I do it with Katie, and we love having everyone over. I try not to overlook anyone, but sometimes do, sorry. We exchanged Nativity ornaments. It is always fun to see what everyone brings. Sterling's office party was that evening at the Hilton. Good food, we never stay long, they get a little rowdy for us, but it is good to go. He has so some very nice ladies he works with in the office, and it was good to visit with them.
- The 19th was the Mexican feast at Linda's (Sterling's sister), good food, good company. We stopped by this house on the way home with a backyard full of trains. It was awesome.
- The 20th was caroling at our house. We had 62 come this year, that includes babies and children. It was a full house. We had a little trouble getting people to open the door, but we managed to put a smile on a few people's faces.
Kevra practicing.
A Christmas toy shop Jordon added to his City. Click twice to see the toys in the windows.
I have had a calm, peaceful feeling this season. Even though we have been busy, I have not felt stressed. I have spent the last two months reading the scriptures about Christ's life. I finished the Book of Mormon in late October and was not ready to begin again immediately, so decided to focus on Christ and his life on earth. It has truly been a blessing and left me with a feeling of warmth and love for the Savior. I'm excited for Christmas, only 3 days:)

No comments:
Post a Comment