Friday, April 6, 2012

Ben Hur

So, I told the kids we need to get out Ben Hur and watch it for Easter.  They groaned with enthusiasm,


Brendon: "do we have to?" 

Naive Jordon:  "I'll watch it with you"

Brendon: "Have you seen it?"

Jordon: "No, why?"

Me: "Hey, it is one of my favorite movies and you'll love it Jordon, chariot races, horses, soldiers"

Brendon: "Okay, yeah, and we know a guy died in the making of it.  blah, blah, blah( I added that part for effect, think sarcastic tone), but it is soooo long"

Me: "Long?  Who watched the last 2 Harry Potters in a row last week?  How long is the 3rd Lord of the Rings?"

Brendon:  "Okay, I see your point, but those are more ... entertaining."


I love Ben Hur.  I love the story and how it is intermingled with the life of Christ.  If you have never seen it, I recommend it, though obviously, my kids do not.

1 comment:

XO said...

I also love Ben Hur. I can understand where the kids are coming from though, I guess. Why don't they re-make a good movie like that instead of (just for example) doing a new Spiderman? Hollywood....