Sunday, November 16, 2008

Did we miss Thanksgiving?

I have a hectic week coming so thought I had better write or it would be another week. We enjoyed our day off from school and work. We went to do some shopping, lots of things on sale. Lots of places going out of business; which is kinda worrisome too. Shoe Pavillion down at Tempe Marketplace has some great deals and Kevra and I hit Mervyns yesterday. I'm sad to see Mervyns go, it has been around a long time. I got a few things for Christmas gifts and Kevra got some shoes. They were playing Christmas music, so DOES THAT BUG ANYONE BUT ME? I don't want to be a Scrooge, but PLEASE, can we wait until after Thanksgiving? I mean, I love Christmas too, but if I listen to music too soon, I get sick of it. How many ways can you arrange Silent Night?

Friday, Trevor, Sterling and I went up to help my parent move in. Jessica came and stayed with the kids and got them to their various activities. (thank you Jessica) It was nice to see my folks and am glad to have them closer. They have rented a house in Payson until we find one to buy. We worked Friday until 10pm, then only had a couple of hours Saturday to finish up. They both seem very happy to be back in AZ after being in CO. It will be nice for them to live in town instead of out about 10 miles. We only had a little left on Saturday before we headed back. (I use that term we very loosely, Trevor and Sterling did most of the work since a great deal of the boxes were too heavy.) We have found a great little Mexican food dive in Payson, right across from the Wendys. Really good food: try the Alfonso burrito (enough for 3 meals), the chorizo-egg-potatoe.

We got a letter from Brendon and a picture of him and his companions. They had a baptism on Saturday, which went great. He has transfers this week and is thinking he may be transfered. We shall see. One of the 3 in his current trio is going home, and the other is the ZL so that's why.

3 comments:

spice2116 said...

i guess it is good that i dont listen to the radio or have stores around to listen to that fun christmas music lol

it is sad though that the businesses are going out :(

Erin said...

It bugs me too! In fact, just today Bruce asked if I wanted to get the Christmas decorations up before his family comes for Thanksgiving. I told him it wasn't allowed to be until the day after. Let's just do one holiday at a time, please. :)

Janalee said...

Amen to the music. Unfortunately, I'm the only one here who thinks one holiday at a time. The rest of the fam is tuning into KEZ 99.9 while I gripe about it.