Sunday, November 2, 2008

Done..da.da.da..done..done..done..dooonnnne!

Well, here is it the unveiling of the beloved craft room. I've only waited 22 years to have a room where I can create and I've already told Jordon no toys allowed, although he can do his homework in here, which he did tonight.



Before is pre-mission (hi Brendon) and there is the after. The greenish chair in the foreground is leaving. Brendon loved that chair so haven't decided if I want to get rid of it or reupholster it for him to have. I have to tell you, I got the cabinets, almost as you see them (I color matched the paint, left the doors as is and repainted the frames on the cabinets) and the counter top for $145 total at Stardust bldg. I also spent $30 for wood and brackets to put shelves in the closet. (which are also in) I still need to change out the plugs for new nice ones and put up a rod for the curtains. There is a twin bed and armoire on the side of the room I am on. I am in here right now using the counter for the lap top, listening to church music, kids in bed, bliss.

We sold the Xterra. Hallelujah! It is such a relief. We didn't make quite as much as we wanted, but decided not to be greedy and they had cash. We still made enough to pay off the van and pay down the truck, so it will benefit us. It was a lessoned learned for me on listening to those promptings and acting upon them.

Kevra finished up volleyball. They won their last game in a real contest. She enjoyed it and is ready to move on and get ready for softball season.


We enjoyed the trunk or treat and had fun seeing all the kids in costume. Jordon was a dead groom (his idea, but he did look cool) Many thought he was the joker cuz of his make up. I didn't even see that movie. He has more fun playing and running around then getting candy.


Has any one seen any good movies lately? Kung Fu Panda comes out on video next week. We thought that movie was hilarious. No, not the wooshi finger hold.

4 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new craft room. Can't wait to see it in person. :) Erin

Trevor said...

WOW mom very nice and you did that fast too.

spice2116 said...

the room looks super nice and isnt nice to have storage for all your fun stuff :) congrats on selling the truck i was super worried about ya there for a second but the Lord always comes through

XO said...

Great room - great price. I'm impressed!