My mind is a jumble this evening, so here are some random thoughts:
*I kinda miss Brendon. When you have a missionary out, you miss them in waves. Sometimes hardly at all, as long as you know they are safe and settling in well, it is not so bad. I know the Lord is with him, I know this is an experience of a lifetime, so I am content. We have heard from our missionary in Seattle and he seems to be doing well. He is on the UW campus and working the singles wards. He has 2 zone leaders as companions. It has been a little weird to go from being on campus as a student to being there as a missionary. They got to hear Gladys Knight and her group perform for a fireside, with investigators. He said her testimony was awesome and the music was great, a few amens and lots of clapping along. Other times, I miss him a lot, especially around holidays, birthdays and singing songs at church about missionary work. It is when we are together as family that I miss him being there too.
*I can't wait for the election to be over. I'm sick of it.
*I finally got started on my craft room this weekend. (Brendon's old room) When both my boys left on their missions, I made them go thru all their stuff and box it up to put in the garage. Trevor's room turned into Jordon's room and Brendon's room is turning into my craft and quilting room. I will post pics of before and after when I am done.
*I love getting together with my card group. It is so nice to talk and laugh and create together.
*I love getting together with my painting group for the same reason.
*We still have an Xterra for sell and really need to sell it. We took a risk when we bought the truck and got this too and we are not risk takers, so this is a lesson learned. I have to admit I didn't feel really good about it at the time, but didn't speak up. I guess you could say the spirit was trying to tell me something and I changed the channel. I am repenting of not listening. I learned so much about listening to the spirit and following those prompting when I was Primary pres. I should have known better.
*We had great meetings today at church. I love going to church and getting renewed conviction and a reminder of what I can work to improve. Thank you to all those participated today.
*I want fall. I miss cool weather, long sleeves, sweaters, slippers, cocoa. That is one of the things I don't like about the valley. I need it to be in the 70's. When I was growing up, I lived most of my years in Flagstaff and fall was so beautiful and crisp.
* I wish there was a gadget that you could use to declutter. The clutterba. I could flip a switch and leave for the day and when I came back, my house would be clutter free. Hmmmmm.
*I'm listening to Music and the Spoken word online. I like Mo Tab, but sometimes I can't tell what they are saying. It sounds like they are saying "I will sing without sleeping" That can't be right.
5 comments:
You are so funny! I loved reading all the random thoughts.
I am so sick of all the election stuff as well. I can't wait until it's over.
I love our card group as well. It's just a nice break for me, and with fun people.
I can't wait to see the craft room! I'm so excited for you!:)
love your random thoughts...keep em coming!
THANK YOU! I have always felt guilty and a little musically retarded for not loving Mo-Tab for that exact reason, I need words! I can't understand half of what they sing unless I know all the words to the song already.
And AMEN to the election, let's get it over with.
I'll take 5 Clutterbas please.
true to the motab, I think, 'maybe they need less people, it's all jumbled together' then think, 'well I'm not musically qualified, maybe this is how it's supposed to be'
And you probably already did this but, we had good success selling our car and van on craigslist, you may have to continually repost it to keep it fresh. And it took about 6 weeks. But we got no response from paying almost $100 to post it in the Classifieds.
Post a Comment