Yes, I have a cold. I managed to stay relatively healthy (well except for that bout with bronchitis at Christmas) last year, but somehow the cold bug caught me. I have been blowing my nose for 5 days, taking meds and vitamin C, and dosing off. Needlesstosay, I didn't get my craft room as done as I had planned. I was going to paint, put in cupboards, shelves and a countertop desk, but no.
I did go buy my cupboards and counter. I got them at Stardust Building Supply. It is a second hand place over on Broadway between Dobson and Alma School. I love to go there. Sterling thinks it is just a lot of junk, but you have to see the potential. I got an awesome deal on some really nice counter top and 10feet of cupboard. I will take a before and after so you can see my new space. I guess I have alot of my father in me, he was always building, fixing or creating something. I was hoping to really get a great start this past weekend, but health comes first.
We talked to Brendon on Tuesday. He was at the airport on his way to Seattle. He sounded great, very happy and excited. He told us all about singing in Conf. He said they left around 1 and it took over an hour to get there. They practiced first in another room in the conference center, ate dinner, then practiced in the conference center. There were 364 voices. He said it was fun to watch the GA's coming in before it started. It is a memory he will treasure and one that he will tell again and again over the years. We are waiting for an address from his first area, of course I am a little impatient. I told Sterling I didn't know why I had been crying so much lately; I know where he is and that he is safe, and this will be a wonderful adventure. Sterling, who always seems to be so wise, said I was mourning the loss of his childhood, that that time in his life is over, our time with him. I think he is right.
I took Kevra to get her new ipod nano on Friday. She saved the money for half and we paid for the rest for her birthday gift. It is very cool and she has been playing with it for days. Jordon played with a few friends. Trevor and Jessica came over to dinner on Saturday, we ate out on the patio and grilled chicken, it was almost chilly with the wind so we built a fire in the outdoor fireplace. We played Ticket to Ride. Have you ever heard of it? I like playing but am not sure my family agrees. Any fans?
5 comments:
i think john and heather have ticket to ride. we played it and it was fun
Tell me more about Ticket to Ride. We're always wanting to learn new games. :)
Yes Ginger, J & H are the ones who introduced it to me and I liked it so bought it, then she bought me the Europe edition which we haven't played yet.
Erin, it is a board game originated in Germany, won awards for best game. Basically, you try to get the most points by covering track between destinations to accumulate points. I like it, you ahve to think to win.
We invited friends over to play Settlers of Cattan and they are now promising to introduce us to Ticket to Ride, which I'd never heard of but apparently it's quite popular. Good to know one more person recommends it.
Joel also love to build, fix and create things. I like to think about things for him to build, fix and create. It works, right?
Never heard of "Ticket to Ride" but I am a fan of Stardust as well. :)
Post a Comment