Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hard Boiled

Hope you had a Happy Easter.  Our colored eggs looked beautiful, but I couldn't get them to peel.  It might be because I didn't put them in cold water after boiling.  They also were not boiled as hard as they should have been,  I can never remember how long to leave them.  I should write it down.  Any advice on boiling eggs would be welcome.  So, no deviled eggs for Easter dinner, so sad.  I did, however, peel them as best I could and made egg salad, so they did not go to waste. 


Here are a few pictures of the kids "hunting" eggs.  Jordon asked me how long we would hunt eggs (years), I told him I will do it as long as he wants to, when you are ready to stop, let me know.  I don't buy my kids toys and things for Easter.  Christmas is already too comercialized.  We do a small basket, mostly candy and not lots of that.  I did get them a book to read, love the second hand bookstore.

We have been up to the usual things.  Lots of baseball and softball games, very fun to watch the kids play.  Both are doing well and loving playing.  I'm still without a car, 3 weeks now.  No, I am not happy about it.  Oh, I never told you, well that's a whole other story that is kinda one I'm not planning on sharing details.  Let's just say, a mistake was made, it wasn't mine, but I'm dealing with it. No, there was no accident, everyone is fine.  It was supposed to take 2 weeks, now we are headed into week 4, still not done.  (go to a happy place, go to a happy place, go to a happy place,....)

1 comment:

spice2116 said...

wow that backyard looks like a really happy place!! look at that grill!! so cool! i usually just put eggs in water on the stove on high and leave them for 20-25 minutes and they come out great. :)