Well, it has been a few weeks. We are on the down hill side of heading to the end of school and the beginning of summer and hot.
Here are some things that make me think of summer:
Hollyhocks - When I was little, we would make hollyhock dolls by sticking a pin thru a bud into the flower. They make lovely dancers in a pool of water. I finally got some to grow in the front yard. Sterling thought it was a weed and wanted to pluck it out, but I was hopeful that it was one of the many seeds I had planted and it was. Only white, but still lovely.
Reading- I have been reading away. I know, out of character for me, but I'm enjoying it. I read...
- "The girl with the pearl earring" which I found fasinating, having been to the Netherlands and seen that painting. I loved Vermeers work when we were there. He tended to paint everyday scenes rather than noblemen. I know the book is fiction, but I thought a good read.
- "The shop on blossum street" I also liked this one and how she knit all the stories together.
- "The last song" I know, sometimes his are kinda gooey, but I thought this story had more to it and many twists and turns. Jessica had said she liked it , so I read it. Really liked it. Get a box of kleenex if you read it. Kevra and I are going to see the movie, when she finishes it.
Swimming - Sterling's office had Sunsplash day today and it was fun, though a little windy. I have to confess, I always thought Sunsplash was those two slides by the golfing. I was shocked to find a whole other world behind the golf part. Hello! Duh Paula. It wasn't Schlitterbaun, but still lots of fun.
Time - To spend crafting and quilting, to spend with my family and, of course, to spend with my adorable grandson.
What are you doing this summer?
3 comments:
Reading sounds like a great way to spend the summer. I need to implament a reading hour at our house. Even if it ends up being me reading the kids rather than reading my own book - quiet reading time sounds blissful.
We will most likely spend a lot of time in the pool... not ours this year since we opted for a house sans pool. Thank goodness for friends close by with pools.
Paula,
You won on my blog, send me your address to sbisel@byu.net.
I have many plans this summer, but foremost in my mind is learning how to make tortillas. really good ones.
Post a Comment