Here are 10 things we did this week, in random order:
2. Jordon had his end of year piano recital today too. He played beautifully, I think he has a natural talent (I'm biased) and he doesn't ever get nervous.
3. Kevra had her last orchestra concert for the year. It was long (2.5 hours!) but really good. They let some of the seniors play concertos with the orchestra. All were so good, but the two flutes were incredible. The full orchestra was also amazing. They go to NYC to play at Carnegie Hall in two weeks.
4. Sterling and I attended a retirement dinner for the math dept. We have one lady retiring. I share a portable with her, she is LDS and I will miss her so much. She has taught for 31 years and has influenced countless lives. What a wonderful legacy she leaves behind.
5. My mother came on Tuesday to stay the rest of the week. She likes to go to the concerts and support the kids. She is 78 and moves a little slow, so I had to get used to that. But I think she enjoyed herself and tried to fit in to our flurry of activity.
7. Jordon's end of year concert was this week too. He plays percussion, here he is playing the wood block, right on the rhythm. It looked like fun, playing all those instruments. He was so excited about the whole thing.
9. I had to get blood drawn and, if you have read previous posts, it is not something that goes well. The first person tried 2 times, then went to get someone else. SHE DID IT ON THE FIRST TRY! I could have kissed her, and no bruise either.
10. Sterling and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Tuesday. We went to the orchestra concert. (Just FYI to anyone thinking of getting married the last 2 weeks in May; you will be spending every anniversary at either a ball game or a concert. No time for a romantic dinner or evening out, nope. Sterling just reminded me that we did get to go to the symphony and it was free.) I did get some beautiful red roses and a lovely card from my sweetheart. 26 years have zipped by. Life has been full of ups and downs and changes, but I have enjoyed the journey so much and look forward to the next 26.
Yes, all of this happened in 6 days, so tomorrow, we rest. Most weeks are not this busy, thank goodness:)
3 comments:
That is one busy week! I love the wedding photo! Congratulations!
Fun post! Sounds like a crazy week, that's for sure. Great pictures!! And happy anniversary:)
Thanks for sharing about your family. Jordon did do a great job on his piano song!! Can't believe you guys have been married 26 years. It goes by fast! Sure love you!
Post a Comment