Trevor is doing an internship at Mesa Air this semester and has enjoyed it. They actually asked him to apply for the postition. He goes to school, works part time, flys when he can and is a dad to Shad 24/7. Jessica is working as a certified aide in a Kindergarten class this year. She likes not teaching her own class and having less stress and more time with Shad and Trevor.
Favorite pic of the happy family in Florida in July on vacation.
With Pres and Sister Larkin, last day of mission.
Kevra hurt her ankle in August and it has not healed, so we went to see the foot dr and he suggested an MRI, which we did last Thursday. We are waiting to hear the results. She is, or was, enjoying volleyball on the JV team. Doing well in school and generally stays very busy.Hard to get a good pic of a moving target.
Jordon is loving his teacher. I am so grateful I requested her. She is a little unconventional, but he loves her class and she has him reading, bravo! He is into scouts and loves going to their meetings. He is still creating with lego every chance he gets.Uhh...you can make your own caption.
Sterling got to go to some meetings for work at a fancy, schmancy place in Colorado for a few days. He went to meetings and did a little sightseeing too. He took in a Rockies game the night before he came home, so that was fun for him.I have really good classes at work. I have 3 preps, which means I teach 3 different classes (2 of which I have never taught so am planning from scratch, 1 has no text book), 5 sections all together. It has been hard to keep up with the planning and grading. I feel like I'm busy every second I am at work. Their behavior is great, so it is nice to not have to deal with that. I have loved having Brendon home. He is very quiet, but seems to be settling in.
I really enjoyed the talks of conference. If you missed the Women's meeting, you must listen to Pres Monson's talk on how we see others. Wow, what a powerful talk. Last weekend, there were lots of talks on the overuse of technology. I see that so much at work, kids addicted to phones and music blaring in their heads all the time. I have pondered over my vices with technology. I watch too much HGTV:) It is kind of an escape; to see what house they will pick in Italy or Belize. It keeps me from other things. Some people escape by reading, others with movies, some on the computer. It is idle time. There is nothing wrong with quiet time, but sometimes I feel like I use it to not do the things I should be. The screen; whether tv or computer or phone or ipod, is a mesmerizing thing. Goal: to do less watching and more doing. Join me?

1 comment:
I felt the same way after Conference. I want to do better at putting aside the technology too. I loved Pres. Monson's talk in the RS meeting. So lovingly stated.
Post a Comment