Friday, September 24, 2010

JOY

He made it  home, safe and sound.  He says he has gained a few pounds, but I can't see where.  It was so wonderful to hug him.  I did shed a few tears.  I'm going to give you Jordon's description of the event, I thought it was so cute.  The next morning, on the way to school I asked him "was Brendon coming home all you thought it would be?" 
"No" he said. "It was not like what I expected.  I was so excited I could hardly stand it, my stomach was all in knots, I just couldn't wait.  And then there he was, coming up the walkway, and it was more exciting.  Then he got to us, we parted for mom to hug him first, then we all hugged him, then... that was it."
I said, "it's kinda like Christmas morning.  You get all excited waiting for that day and when it comes you tear into your presents and once they are open, that's it, it's over."
"Yeah, " he said, "like that.  I guess Brendon was.... the  present."

I'd have to agree, a blessing to have him go, a gift to have him return home safely.  He loved his mission and will miss the experiences he had there, but he is turning his attention to home and this next phase of his life.

 Waiting...

 Waiting...
 Shad enjoyed waiting, lots of floor to practice walking.
 There he is, Jordon spotted him first.
 This is the moment..
I was waiting for.

 He looks like a missionary.


 Getting bags.

 Now what?



3 comments:

Diana said...

I love the way Jordan summed it all up. What a present! I'm so happy he's home and am excited to hear him speak. Thanks for sharing this happy day.

Jenny said...

Hooray! I'm so excited to see him! (And be able to "legally" hug him.) :) Glad he made it safe and sound!

spice2116 said...

love the picture dialogue. fun to see how him and uncle sterling stand the same hahaha yay!!