Saturday, November 13, 2010

Be prepared

 A couple of weeks ago, we went thru our 72 hour packs to update them.  It was quite amusing.  Even the water had expired.
 None of the clothes fit the kids anymore.
 And the food, well most of it went into the trash.

I guess if we are going to be prepared, we need to fill up the list again.


Brendon spoke in church last month and did a great job, I thought.  Especially since he took the whole time and I didn't have to talk. ha.  Our family sang a quintet of "I feel my Savior's love" acapella.  I had several people say it sounded good, so I guess we did fine.  We had lots of family over for lunch after the meeting.  It was fun to be together.

Jordon got his Tenderfoot at the court of honor and one merit badge.  He really loves Scouts and we appreciate Derald and Paul and all they do to make that happen.
Kevra was inducted into the NHS and had to crutch it across the stage.  She has always worked hard on her grades and I think she deserves it. Congrats Kevra!

We went to Thatcher to visit and do a session in the temple.  It is the first time we have been back since the open house.  It was really nice and is such a beautiful temple.
We watched Shad a few hours on Thursday.  He is so cute, so busy.  He is a year now and is starting to make some words.  He loves to read and will pick up a book and hand it to you and say "eeed". 
Many of you know that Trevor has joined the Navy and will be leaving in April.  I have had several people ask how I feel about it.  I have mixed feelings.  We raise our children to be independent and learn to be productive members of society.  We hope they reach their potential and move on to live their lives.  I knew this was an option they were considering, so I was not totally surprised when it happened.  I am so proud of him, I am proud he has a desire to serve his country.  I know he will be great at it and they will love him.  I will also miss them terribly.  The realization that they are truly leaving has probably not sunk in completely.  I am thankful for modern technology, that makes them only as far away as my computer:) 

1 comment:

Janalee said...

now I'm scared to go through my kits. Or did I go through them 2 years ago and throw everything out and vow to refill them and.....I still haven't yet. Dang it, just realized that.