Saturday, December 10, 2011

The happiest place on earth

Best Thanksgiving ever!  I didn't have to cook anything! I let The Mouse cook dinner for us.  Here's the details:

We had been trying to get to Disneyland for about 3 years, but we never made it.  The dishwasher would break or the car broke down or dad had to work,  something kept standing in our way.  But, alas, we finally went.  We drove part way on Wednesday evening, stayed the night in Palm Desert, then went the rest of the way on Thanksgiving day.  Trevor, Jessica and Shad met us there and we spent the day in the 2 parks. They drove back home that night. They did serve a turkey dinner in the park, and it was delicious.  We normally don't eat in the park, but wanted to spend as much time with Trevor's family as we could, so we stayed. 

Shad was not afraid of anything, rides or characters.

Waiting for Haunted Mansion.

Shad, Trevor and Mickey himself.
Watch out, only 3 years to permit.




 Thursday was a little crowded, but really, not too bad.  Friday was the most crowded, kinda felt like I was constantly bumping into people.  Saturday was nice, not crowded at all.  It was like everyone who had come to visit in California, had headed home. 

Highlights of the trip:
  • Watching Jordon's face as we entered the park.  He had not been since he was 3, so this was really all new to him.  He loves to build those victorian houses with lego, so as you go thru the tunnel and come out on main street, his expression was priceless.

  • Going on rides with Shad and when you are just finishing, he turns to you and says "again?"
  • Our hotel was closer than I thought, very nice rooms, excellent fresh cooked breakfast buffet, Ramada Plaza hotel.  I got a great deal on the rate online, too.
  • Corn dog.  I never eat corn dogs, but we ate at this place by the lake, and it was the yummiest I had ever eaten.

  • Riding the rollercoasters: Screamin California, Materhorn, Space mountain.  Now, I'm not a huge fan of coasters, but it was fun.  However, I must note that I might be getting too old for them. 
  • Don't go on Splash Mountain when you first get there.  Kevra and Jordon were soaked.  I did Shad watch, so stayed dry.  Kevra eventually bought some capri's cuz her pants were not drying.

  • They had all their stuff up for Christmas and it was so festive.
  • The World of Color show.  I and the kids did not want to stay, but Sterling insisted.  Well worth the wait.  Really amazing and interesting to watch.  Bring a jacket, it was cold at night.

Baja, their new puppy, super cute.
We left Saturday evening and drove down to meet T&J for dinner in San Diego.  Yummy mexican in Old Town.  We spent the night at their house, went to church with them the next day (they happened to be speaking, did a great job too), then headed home.  It was really a nice way to spend Thanksgiving, being with family, having fun, being outside in the beautiful weather: awesome!

1 comment:

Diana said...

It looks like you had so much fun with your family at Disneyland. We took our boys two summers ago and it was magical. I must try the corn dogs. I have heard they are so good from two people now.