 |
| some fall for you |
I am at home...alone. I NEVER am at home alone. I know the time will come in my future that I will have LOTS of time at home alone and I will be wishing I had children home to fill it. But, for the moment, it is nice. The boys are all off to the football game and Jessica and Shad (they are here with Trev for the weekend, YEAH) is spending some time with her mom. I'm baking cookies, doing laundry and some cleaning (why is it women feel the need to clean something all the time?) and blogging. I have not blogged much lately. I just don't have time and don't know what to say. So, here is a short update on the clan.
 |
| They went to D-land for Shad's birthday. |
Trevor, Jessica and Shad are visiting for the weekend. Mostly because he got tickets to go to the game today. We have 2 other season tickets, so all 4 of the males in our family could go. We are just thrilled to get to spend time with him. It is always nice to have your children come to visit. They seem to be doing great in CA and loving their current life circumstances. Shad is 3; growing, talking and sooooo cute.
 |
| I need to take more pics of him...he hates it. |
Brendon is busy with school, work and church. He was put in as the Elders quorum pres and that has been a busy calling. It keeps him going to activities and trying to keep up with what his quorum is doing. He has 1 more year of school and is studying (or is supposed to be studying) for his first actuary exam in January. He would like to get an internship for next summer but needs to pass the exam to even get an interview. He loves busy, so this all works. I have to say, I have loved having him live at home to finish college. We have wonderful deep conversations. He is a terrific help arout the house. He has saved a lot of money by doing it. He did have to break down and buy a new car in August. He got a Honda Civic, new, leased. He pays for it and is happy with his choice.
 |
| Home sweet home. |
Kevra calls and texts us fairly regularly. She has settled nicely into college routine and is very happy, busy, but happy. Her roomate situation as worked out well and loves living up north. I really think being away for the summer helped all of us with the adjustment of her leaving. She has been sick the last 3 or 4 weeks, started as a cold and progressed. She went to the dr once, virus, should go away. She called me about a week ago not feeling any better, a little worse and not sure what to do. I, of course, told her to go back to the dr and see if she has something else now. She did and she did get new meds to try round 2. I'm telling you this because when I hung up the phone, I had this little joy (not that I would ever want her ill, that is not what I mean). I felt needed. As your kids leave, you don't feel so needed anymore. They grow up and are independent, that is what we hope for. But, I have to say, it was nice to know that even though she is doing wonderfully, she still needs me a little. I hope that is always true. I know I can talk to my mom about anything and I hope Kevra feels the same. I still miss her terribly, but she is where she should be.
 |
| smile! |
Jordon is doing well in school. We have had our ups and downs, but right now, we have found a plan that is working for all of us. He got to go out on the field with the HS band last night and play. They had invited the Jr High kids to join them for the evening. He plays percussion and LOVED every minute of it. He can't wait til he gets to march next year. He is at Life in Scouts and hopefully will get the Eagle done next summer. I love spending time with him. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is a very sensitive person. He says he is 5'6". We shall see if he surpasses Trevor at 6'.
 |
| On the USS Constitution in Boston. |
Sterling is busy at work. They are having some issues, which makes his job frustrating and stressful. He has worked lots of late days, which he never had to do before. He loves college football season and he and Brendon watch as many as they have time for on Saturdays.
 |
| At North Bridge Monument, out side the museum. |
I like my classes at work, but have some other frustrations to deal with. I may leave next year, if I find something else. I may stay if I can't find anything I really want. It would be nice to be there when Jordon comes next year, but he was ok with me not, so we shall see. Most of you know I was put in as RS Pres in late September. I felt highly under qualified for the calling, I have so much to learn. I try to remember I am new at this, as I try to fill as many needs as I can. I have great help in my presidency. We are a good group together. I pray A LOT.
Well, that was longer than I expected. Hopefully you made it to the end. If so, here is a reward of a treat. Pumpkin cranberry cookies. MMMM, yummo.
1 comment:
Loved to read all the updates on everyone! :)
Post a Comment