| My mom got the kids toe socks. This is the only time they were worn. |
Yes, it has been far too long since I have posted anything. I have wanted to but... nope. Time, energy,...can't think of another good excuse.
I will try to put the last month in a relatively short, entertaining, visually stimulating package.
| Isn't this what you think of for Christmas? |
1st - Christmas. Now I know what you are thinking, 'seriously Paula, that was soooo last year.' Well, deal with it. Our Christmas was great. We had 3 kids home and a good time
| Ahh, lovely. |
was had by all. We baked and played games, went to the temple. I made New York Steak Roast and it was yummy good. I loved my decorations so much this year, it was hard to take
| Waiting for the kids. |
them down. (I left them up until the 5th, unheard of for me!) I got a Nexus tablet for my toy and we have all had fun using it.
| 2nd Christmas in CA. He loved the cash register we got him. |
2nd - New Years. We went to Trevor and Jessica's over New Years. It was so great to see them and spend some time at their place. Shad is doing very well and the chemo is doing its job. He was up crawling and mostly walking, while we were there. Kevra and I got to go shopping with Jessica at a really nice outlet mall. Shad was supposed to go in for chemo
| T&J got him the table and chairs. They are perfect size. |
while we were there, but his counts were too low, so he had to wait. We got to have our traditional New Years day feast, while the men watched some football. We left that afternoon.
| Typical 3 year old, loved the bubbles. |
| The clan on the couch. |
I am so impressed with Trevor and Jessica and how amazing they are taking care of Shad and each other. Keep those prayers coming, we sure appreciate them.
3rd - Back to school and work. We all started back the 7th, except Kevra did not start til the 14th, so we got to enjoy her a little while longer. I have to say it is so hard for me to get up and go to work in the dark. I imagine it would help if I were happier at work, but that is for another day. And it was so cold this week. I hope winter is over. 5 days is about all I can take.
4th - Goals? I have not yet made resolutions. I have been pondering the topic, but have not settled on any specifics. Not sure I will have a word this year. I don't think I 'finished' anything this year. Maybe 'don't get trampled?' 'stay a float?' Clearly, I don't know. My life seems to be living me lately, not the other way around. I would love to keep my house cleaner. I'm open to any suggestions, short of burning it down and starting over OR letting it go and doing a guest spot on 'Hoarders'.
5th - Calling. I don't think anyone realizes the worry and concern that goes with being the RS Pres., unless they have been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I love doing it and have embraced it as my 'baby' for this moment. I do love the sisters in my ward. They are the best. I don't think I will ever feel like I am doing enough, but I suppose that goes with the territory.
6th - Thatcher. We went to Thatcher last weekend to spend some time with Sterling's family. It was a nice weekend, too quick. We got to hear Bryan talk about his mission and his cousin John from the other side of their family. They left the same time. Both gave good talks; on perseverance and listening to the spirit. We got to visit a little and get caught up on everyone's lives. It was nice to stay at Gma Joye's. We love her so and don't get enough time with her.
| He loved the 'Mike Wozowski' hat Kevra crocheted. |
Well...that about covers it. Not too exciting, not super long, hope you made it to the end.
Just us, doing about the same.
3 comments:
Be sure to tell Kevra how awesome I think her monster hat is! Loved the update. You are way ahead of me, still haven't blogged about Thanksgiving...
Hi Paula, This is Lucy. I saw your comment about my bread recipe so if you are interested still just go to my blog and search in the blog search box "bread" and my recipe will come up. The only difference I am doing now is adding kamut.
I love your fireplace and mantle by the way! Would you prefer a gas fireplace or do you like the log burning one?
I love the hat! And of course Shad is adorable in it!
Post a Comment