Trevor's family seems to be humming along.
Trevor changed ships for his work. He was able to get a humanitarian transfer, since his old ship was getting deployed soon. I think it has been, not hard, but different for him to go to the new ship. Change is frequently a challenge. It will open up some new opportunities for him and has allowed him to stay with his family. In fact, they have been wonderful about his getting to go to dr visits and hospital stays. What a blessing. He has been trying to decide if he wants to bike the 17 miles to work since his car died. Yikes!
Shad is doing extremely well. I thank God and all of you for this blessing. Read about his progress in Jessica's blog, Moments (it's on my side bar). Shad sang me happy birthday on skype. It was sweet. He is moving around well. They will address his back issue better as soon as they end the chemo, which will be sooner then originally expected.
Jessica has been super mom. She has certainly been tested. She does a great job of handling all Shad's medical, understanding what is happening and what needs to be happening. I can tell she listens to the doctors and asks lots of questions. There is so much involved with taking care of Shad. It really forces a person to step out of their comfort zone to care for this person they love so much. She has done a beautiful job of this, while trying to preserve a sense of normalcy at home.
I have pondered a lot about this whole cancer thing. Crisis really does test your faith. Am I going to humble myself and lean on the Lord or be angry and push Him away? Trevor and Jessica have made so many tough decisions, stepped blindly into the darkness, having faith in God. I can't speak for them, but I feel like it has been a learning experience for all of us. I have had to let go of my fears and hold on to my faith and hope that everything will be okay. I think it will be.


1 comment:
Beautifully said! What a great example that Trevor and Jessica have been for those of us who read her blog!
Post a Comment