Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jordon


Jordon will turn 14 in a month.  I really can hardly believe it.  He has been growing lately, he is almost eye level with me.  I imagine he will pass us up soon.  I've noticed a maturity in him lately.  He has always been a kind person and will frequently ask me what he can do to help.  He reminds me so much of Trevor in many ways, even the way he looks.  They have a lot of the same interests and personality traits.  I can't think of a better person to be like.  He still loves to play wii and on the computer.  He plays a game with his cousins in Gallup online.  It is a good bargaining chip since it is something he likes to do.
 playing online with Lance and Kyle

He has been doing better in school, maybe even enjoying it, a little.  This is his last year of band.  He has decided to take ROTC next year.  I can understand why, they have so many percussionist (15?), he doesn't even get to play on every song.  It is not like the clarinet, the more the better.  You can't have 5 kids playing a snare drum part.  He plays the marimba a lot because he is good at it.  He is still taking piano.  I don't know about next year. He got a part in the play.  They are doing "High School Musical, Jr"  and he got the part of Zeke.  He is on stage a lot and has lots of lines and a small solo.  I think he is having fun.  He went with Brendon and Kevra in January to tour Trevor's ship.  They got to go out to sea too.  And, they shot the big guns.  Jordon thought it was cool, though he got a little sea sick.  It was fun for the 4 of them to spend time together.
On Trevor's ship

He is almost done with scouts.  He is at Life and hoping to get his Eagle project done this summer.  He is still lacking a few merit badges.  He has really enjoyed his scoutmaster and the campouts, etc... We are glad we have one more left at home for a few years.  He is not always so glad, when it is just the 3 of us at the dinner table, but he will get used to it.  I plan to make sure he gets to do all the things the older kids did.  He is headed to high school next year and those years will zip by.  We are grateful we get to enjoy them with him.

No comments: