Brendon has 1 1/2 semesters left of college. I think he can't wait to be done. I vaguely remember that feeling. All that hard work and finally be ready for the real world. He is a Statistics major and wants to be an Actuary. Frankly, I could see him working for a major league ball team, scouting players by their stats. (like that movie) Right now, he still works at Sterling's office a couple days a week and is hoping to do an internship somewhere next summer or work at Philmont again, whatever works out.
 |
| Thanksgiving in CA. |
It has been fun to have him stay at home during all this. It has certainly saved him a great deal of money to do so. He has never been a problem, always helpful. We have tried hard to treat him as an adult and he has let us keep up with his schedule to know if he will be home for dinner, etc... Not to say we have not had a few frustrating moments with each other, but we made it work. He was called to be the Elder's Quorum Pres. in his singles ward last September. That, too, has been a learning and growing experience. It forced him out of his comfort zone, to meet other people, learn how the gospel works and how to help others. He and I have had many discussions about VT and HT. Seeing how others 'live' the gospel can be an eye opening experience. It can also be a humbling experience too.
 |
| Top of Mt. Humphreys with Kevra and friends. |
Brendon loves to be busy; cleaning, homework, work work, church work, sports (watching or playing) He is currently playing softball and basketball. I am almost certain he is going to get himself banned from church basketball for mouthing off to the ref. He also loves to hike and backpack and has found a few friends that will join him, which is nice.
 |
| Don't think he wants to be a sailor anytime soon. |
As a parting thought, Brendon does not like having his picture taken, so it is hard to find a good shot of him. These are the BEST most RECENT pics I could find. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment