Jordon and I got home from Thatcher today. Monday we worked on the patio; it was a long warm day, but we got almost done. I will be glad to finish. It looks really nice and am excited to have it done. We have used it and will do so more, I'm sure. It is really bright: yellow and terra cota. We grouted most of the tile, but it was drying too fast so decided to wait until the sun was not directly on it.
We drove to Thatcher Monday night. I was not tired until I got to Bylas and then was working to stay a wake; 10 miles to Ft Thomas, 10 to Pima, 10 to Thatcher. They have moved the Pima city limit signs way out, trying to rake in those tax revenues, just an observation.
Anyway, we had a good week. Jordon was going to basketball camp run by his Uncle Kenny. he had a good time. It took him a day or so to adjust. He didn't know anyone in his group and sorry, but Thatcher can be a little 'cliquey'. We had a little discussion on who he was and that if someone didn't want to be his friend, it was their problem. He did better as the week progressed, settling into his group just fine. He had fun playing with the cousins. I enjoyed visiting with my mother-in-law. She and I went to Tucson one day to get her medicine. I bought some shoes while we were there. Oh I also made a roman shade for Jordon's room and machine quilted 1/2 of a quilt for his bed. I have the rest marked, but still need to sew it. The goal is to finish this weekend.
They seemed to survive without us at home. The dogs were excited by our return, all others, unfaised. Yes, the bathrooms are still dirty. I guess the 'brownies' were out of town or too busy to visit. When I was little, if we cleaned up when we were not expected to, my mother would say the 'brownies' at come and magically cleaned up. (brownies were like little fairies that could sneek in unseen and do their work, then magically disappear) We would giggle to ourselves thinking we had really tricked her. She knew what she was doing:)
4 comments:
good job on all the sewing mom. and yes it always does seem the dogs are the happiest to see you... oh and yes the brownies were out of town they were in Cali :)
so funny about the brownies especially when cleaning the bathrooms :p jealous that you got to go to thatcher it has been so long. what is your favorite quilt to make?
Art came home tonight bubbling over with excitement about your patio and how great it looks. He was also relieved to talk to Sterling and learn that he too is having a hard time with his green pool this season.
Love it that you have a blog! Bruce is wondering when I'll start ours! Oh, I don't know. Sometime before the baby is born. I have so much time right now to fit that in!
Post a Comment