We celebrated Sterlings birthday on the 2nd. He is 48, I like to rub it in. It is funny how as you get older you really don't feel any older. I think we see things through young eyes. Even my mother who is 76 says she sees the world as if she were younger. Anyway, I made Sterling a German Chocolate cake from scratch, frosting too. It was really yummy. Trevor and Jessica came for dinner and cake too. We are always happy to see them and glad when they fit us into their busy lives. We all went in on a TV for the den. He has wanted one for a while, it counts for Father's day too.
Well, I got the roman shade done and put up in Jordon's room as well as the quilt. I didn't actually piece this one, it was comforter I bought for him that I thought was too puffy, so I took it apart, got a new lining and batting and used the original back for the shade. It looks great and now he has a decent quilt for his bed. Maybe he will keep his bed made, I know, wishful thinking.
I really like the piecing part of quilting, not the quilting part. Mostly because I machine quilt and it is hard to manuvre anything bigger than a baby blanket, on a regular machine. I love the outcome and how you feel at the accomplishment that you created this work of art. 
These are few of the tomatoes we got from our garden, I know, I was in shock too. Aren't they beautiful? The yellow ones are called pear tomatoes and are yummy to just pop in your mouth. Our biggest challenge is getting them picked before the birds eat them. I have tried lots of things to keep them out: bird net, a cover for the garden. Nothing really works very well. I'm open to any suggestions you might have.
3 comments:
Bird poison. Just kidding. I don't know.
I'm always game for a good recipe, so feel free to pass the apple dumpling one along if you get a chance.
I'm wondering too about the birds, we have a year-old peach tree and it's produced about 15 half-pecked peaches for us. I was thinking a net would work, but I guess not. I'll ask my grandma, she knows everything.
i love my face in the picture
Post a Comment