Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mission Report

So, we went to Thatcher last weekend to hear my nephew Kade report on his mission. He did a very good job. I am always amazed at how much they change and mature on a mission. They are humble, more thoughtful and more confident. They don't come back the same person that left. I know that is good, but it is also kinda sad too because you know when you put them on that plane or leave them at the MTC that this person will not return. It will be someone different. At least, that has been my experience. Brendon is awaiting his call and is very anxious. He is trying to act calm, but I know inside, he is bouncing off the walls in anticipation. We hope it comes today or tomorrow.
We had a nice quick visit in Thatcher, I especially liked sitting outside on Saturday evening and talking and laughing. It is always nice after the sun goes down. We don't get together as often as we used to and it was fun to get caught up on everyones lives. I love Sterling's family. I haven't always felt that way. For a long time, they made me nervous and uncomfortable, until I realized that they weren't judging me and they weren't that much different then I was. How have you felt with your in-laws? I think, like anything, it takes time to build relationships. I have been lucky, though, I know some families have more challenges.

1 comment:

spice2116 said...

funny you should ask that question :p you prolly already know about my in-laws and the drama there it WAS uncomfortable because there were a few judging me and I knew it :) but now everything is great and lost in selfless love. lol hard to believe that you were ever uncomfortable around us crazy smiths