Monday, June 9, 2008

Melody

I hope you will forgive me for being so personal, but I often write poetry when something touches my life, so this is for Melody June Blackwell.
Melody

I hold her close,
I smell her hair.
I touch each toe,
Ten fingers there.

So soft and warm
So fresh and new,
I wrap her snug.
What will I do?

I memorize
Her tiny face:
Her eyes, her nose,
Her mouth, this place.

She will not stay
For very long,
She has to go,
I must be strong.

But in her eyes,
I think I see,
Her staring
At the heart of me.

She knows that
In a moments time,
Her heart will join
Again with mine.

A heavenly moment,
An earthly wait.
I see my Melody
Waves from the gate.

1 comment:

spice2116 said...

that was beautiful!! look forward to seeing you this next weekend