It has been a busy 3 weeks. Yes, we did finally get the carpet in. The pictures are in Brendon's room, his was 
the cleanest. It looks and feels great. Okay so it's kinda weird to post my carpet, but you just don't buy carpet everyday. I'm glad we did it, but they came on Thursday, not Monday. We had cleaned out the boys rooms to scrape and redo the ceiling on Saturday, so we lived with the mess all week. Brendon came home from Philmont looking forward to his nice soft bed, but slept on a mattress on the floor. Welcome home honey!
We went camping the weekend before school started to get away and cool off. I took my camera, but it hibernated in my purse the whole weekend. Sterling's sister Heather and her family met us there and we had a nice, relaxing weekend. We met at the Mabb Ranch and they fit their 32 foot beast of a trailer in a site. The excitement for the weekend was the black bear in camp. Yes, he was about 5 feet tall and no, I didn't see him, but Sterling did flash a light on him while he was destroying out kitchen stuff. We didn't leave out food, but he looked anyway. We were secure in our tent 5 feet away, yeah, I felt that same way. "Let's shine the light on him so he will come on over." Sterling was right, though, he did run off. Denise Mulleneaux was next to us OUTSIDE her trailer shining a light on him. They did catch him on Sunday night, but we had already gone home. Oh, but I did see a skunk. The weekend was full of wild life:) It was nice and cool and we loved the fresh air and good company.
The 4th I took Kevra and Jordon to the Science Center to see the Narnia exhibit. If you are a fan of the movies and books, it is worth seeing. You get to go thru the wardrobe and we all thoug
ht it was really neat. You can't take pictures in there, which was a bummer, so this is out in front. I never read the books as a kid, but Jordon and I read Prince Caspian this summer and the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when that movie came out. I have read 2 others this summer and am trying to finish the rest. I have to say I have really enjoyed them. They can be a little strange, but the things in the them are suppose to be biblical and I am liking trying to figure out who is who and what is what. They have already made the next movie Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I haven't read the Twilight series, they really just don't appeal to me. Kevra has liked them, though.
School started on Monday. Here are this years installments of the first day pictures. Jordon is in 4th, Kevra is a big, bad Freshman!! The first day had mixed emotions for all. My classes have been well behaved, so far. Way to big. I have over 30 in every class. It makes it hard to get help to those who really need it, but I have to run with it. I will s
urvive, need to cut back
on the murmurring.
Trevor and Jessica came over to celebrate her bday (it was Tuesday). We had a nice dinner and birthday pie. She said her first day went well.
Brendon went missionary shopping with Trevor on Thursday last. They had a good day and Brendon is excited to get his suits from the tailor. I can't believe he is leaving in a month, but you will hear more lamenting and philosiphyzing on that later.
6 comments:
It sure was fun to do Kevra's make-up last night, but I hope you don't want to kill me! ;)
She really is a pretty girl.
Good luck with school, sounds like you'll be really busy again.
Wahoo to new carpet! So many exciting things happening at your house!
kind of looks like the dogs are ready to go to school too lol
Thanks for helping Jessica celebrate her birthday, on your first real day back to school and everything. I know she enjoyed it and appreciated it. I think Trevor is trying to help her blow out the candles on her pie. I guess he wanted to make sure her wish came true!
glad to see your back to the wonderful world of blog...hope the new school year is nice to you.
the place was red river new mexico such a beautiful place with fun little shops maybe you can have your next girls weekend there :)
as far as the graphics if you have a lot of pictures you want to post go to rockyou.com and they will let you create a slide show for free i love that website especially since it doesnt take long for the pictures to download!!
Post a Comment