Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Taxi....Taxi....!

It has been a busy week. Well, at least the kids are busy. I have been the taxi driver, which wouldn't be so bad, except that it is sooooo hot out and I am not a fan of the heat. I've tried not to complain, but as you can see, I'm failing. I'm glad my kids are busy and not just laying around, but it does require a certain sacrifice on my part. Ever the martyr.

Jordon has had swim lessons (they end tomorrow) and is taking a class on claymation animation (which he loves). Kevra is finishing up her Jr. Lifeguard stuff and going to Rhodes volleyball camp this week. She is also going to the gym for softball on M,W for an hour. Brendon is at Philmont backpacking, which makes him very happy. I finally put together a wedding photo book for me to have and one for my mother to show the pictures of Trevor's wedding. It turned out really nice. I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but I think it is pretty.

We had the cubs over last night for a swimming pack meeting. It went really well, we have a small but mighty group with some wonderful, supportive leaders. We roasted hot dogs too out on the new bbq area, it was fun.

We have ordered new carpet for the kids rooms. The stuff in there now is terrible; old, dirty, stained, worn, matted. I was going to use my extra check from school to pay for it, but they took so much out for taxes, there wasn't enough (that and buying school clothes for the kids, wish they would quit growing! Kidding:)). So, Sterling said there was lots of money in the savings account, at least enough to make up the difference. Well, we NEVER put money in that account, but a couple of years ago I got on that plan where they round your purchase to the next dollar. I've kind of ignored it ever since. Well, are you ready, there was $1150 in the account. No joke. We used half of it to pay for the rest of the carpet. I am reccomending it to anyone, you don't realize it and if you just let it go, you can have a little unexpected savings for a rainy day.

Jana, did you get the message?

4 comments:

Denise said...

I feel so busy with 3 little ones but I can deal with busy at home in the ac. They say "enjoy the moment you're in" I will try to do that more and realize that the busyness of it all may never end.

We have been trying to decide on a new bank (our nearest branch is too far so we need something different) and I had thought of doing one with an account like that and wondered two things, one will I notice it coming out and feel like I am even more strapped? and two will it really add up to anything? So thanks for the info, I think we will seriously look into that.

Janalee said...

That is SO cool about the change adding up. What a great surprise. You must have paid your tithing this week.

Have a happy nice fun day! I extracted the message even before I got to the end where you asked me. ha! I was like are these colored words going to string together in a sentence or what.

Breanne said...

So is there no maximum that your change can add up to? It seems like so many acounts have some special or another, but then have a maximum of like $350, where you can't accumulate anymore. I would be interested in learing a little more too.

spice2116 said...

so nice to find extra money!!!