Okay Jana, here you are:
19 years ago.
1. I was pregnant with Brendon. It was considered the hottest year on record, to that point, because it started being over 100 in April. I love to remind Brendon of that fact.
2. I had just quit teaching so I could be a full time mom. I think Trevor cried when I told him he wasn't going to get to go to Barbra McKenzie's anymore. He loved it there.
3. The ac went out at church, well only in the chapel. I went home after taking the sacrament, put all my clothes in the dryer, when they were dry, redressed and went back to work in the nursery. Fortunately the ac was on in there.
9 years ago.
1. I had just had Jordon in March. We were living in Thatcher, but I had him down here because they didn't do epidurals there at that time. I was not going to do it without one, long story.
2. We moved in April to our home now. Jordon was 3 weeks old. It is kinda nice, cuz anytime anyone asks me how long we have lived here I just look at Jordon, "Oh, 9 years."
3. Trevor broke his arm at school, after having been here 1 week. It was the 4th cast for him. They were playing some game in PE. His first break was 5yrs, fell out of a tree. 2nd and 3rd was 10yrs, broke both wrists rollerblading, so this was the 4th. We were on a first name basis with the orthopedic dr. So, whenever Trevor went anywhere I would say, "don't break anything." I wasn't kidding.
3 years ago.
1. We took Trevor to the MTC to leave on his mission. It was a bitter/sweet activity. I know some people don't like to take them up, but I thought it was great, the spirit and the energy is so awesome and it was fun to be a small part of that.
2. We went to Yellowstone and the Tetons after dropping Trevor off. We stayed a few days and were going to stay over half way back but decided to drive all the way from West Yellowstone to Mesa, 21 hours in the car. It was the kids idea, they said, "let's get home."
3. I was getting Jordon ready to go to 1st grade and me ready to go back to work full time. I think I was the most afraid. It had been 16 years since I had taught full time. I had many tears and was so thankful for my mentor teacher Bonnie Szfranski who I could go and cry to on those difficult days. I really missed Jordon so much, and being with him. I know he was at school, but that didn't change how I felt. It was a challenging year for me. I love teaching now, but it was hard to go back.
1 year ago.
1. On this day one year ago, I was in Europe with Trevor and Sterling. We had gone to pick him up from his mission. We were spending our last day in Amsterdam; visiting the Rjiksmuseum, eating Belgian frys and Turkish wrap sandwiches, shopping for wooden shoes and delft pottery. We headed for Germany late; the hotel was closed when we arrived at midnight, and would not honor our reservation. We went to the Freidricksdorf temple to see it but would not be able to go cuz we had to go back to find a hotel in Frankfurt. We were on our way out of the small town, when we happened upon a hotel, they were still open and had a room. We got to bed around 2am. We were able to go to the temple the next morning. It was meant to be and I am thankful that we were lead to a place for the night. (whew, sorry so long)
2. Brendon was in charge of the YC and worrying about if it would all go as planned, which it did. Sorry for the Dorfs who drove our car w/o ac for the conf.
3. Had a Mabry reunion in Payson after we got back from Europe. It was to celebrate my parents 50th anniversary. It was a wonderful weekend. I had found a cabin on line that fit us all and we rented it. It was great.
2 days ago.
1. Started Jordon in swim lessons at McClintok. Bonus for me is I get to watch Kevra at work, cuz she is a Jr. Lifeguard. She is so great with the little kids.
2. Took Kevra school clothes shopping after lessons. Jordon and I were done in about 1/2 and hour, while Kevra took another 1 1/2 hours. Fortunately, Pennys had some comfy chairs by the dressing room. Jordon and I played hand games to keep busy. Kevra found enough to get her started.
3. I went to the dr. for a check up. He did blood work, etc... I got my results. I'm in excellent health, well except for the weight thing. Oh but, I had lost 12 lbs from when I saw him before my vaction. Just a cajillion more to go.
Yesterday.
1. More Swim lessons, not too bad sitting waiting. Jordon is learning the butterfly. That's a tough one.
2. Went to the dentist. I HATE GOING TO THE DENTIST!!!!!! I would go to the dr. 100 times before I go to the dentist. I got chewed out by the hygenist, like I was a 5 year old, said I don't floss enough. I do floss, just not enough for her. I started to zone out and not listen, you know, how your kids look during a lecture and their eyes glass over. No cavities. Now I've moved on to getting to worry about my gums.
3. Went swimming with the family. That is something I love about having a pool, even though it is work for Sterling (thank you honey). I love when we are all out after dad gets home, playing, laughing, cooling off. We took the pets in yesterday. They hate water, so rarely get in. They were all shaking. They only stayed maybe five minutes, then we let them get out. Cowards.
Today.
1. Swim lessons. Jordon got new goggles.
2. Hem Brendon's temple pants.
3. Clean up the kitchen, pick up the family room.
4. Help Bonnie F. with the rest of her move.
5. Go to Costco
Tomorrow.
1. Same as previous #1
2. Work on baby quilts for my neices.
3. Clean something. There is always something that needs cleaning.
4. May go to science center to see Narnia exhibit.
Next year.
1. Same as previous #1
2. Same as previous #2. (I have ALOT of neices) Only now I have my own craft and sewing room (Brendon's old room:) not that I am trying to get rid of him, I'm just utilizing my space.)
3. Same as previous #3. (never done)
3 comments:
Hey, I was at costco yesterday. And I hemmed Art's temple pants a few weeks ago!!! See how strange the coincedences are in our lives?
PS And we have a pool and swim in it too!
glad to see one of us is making good use of their time. I am too busy during the summer...I just told one of my friends that my summer vacation is from Aug - May. I don't seem to run my kids around so much.
I like these. It is fun to learn more about everyone.
Post a Comment