Sunday we had Brendon's farewell. I know we aren't supposed to call them that. What do you think? The last words, before the call, missionary practice talk? I don't care what anyone says, it isn't just another talk in church.
Anyway, I digress. He did a very good job, spoke on obedience. He and another kid from our ward who leaves one week before Brendon (Justin) spoke too (on repentance). They are very good friends, so it was a nice thing to put them together. I sang a duet with a girl in our ward, an arrangement of 'a poor wayfaring man'. No, we didn't sing all 8 verses, only 4. I thought we blended well together and hoped it brought the spirit. Justin and his brothers also sang. There was time left, so the 'mothers of the strippling warriors' had to bear their testimonies. I thought I might so had thought about it a little. I am so proud of Brendon and what a terrific man he is. He is so ready to go. (You will get to read lots of my purple puddles over the next two years so I will spare you now. Let's just say I can't sing a hymn about missionary work without crying. ) All the family in the area came to sacrament, then over to our house later that evening for dinner. It was lots of fun to get together. A nephew had just returned from his mission on Thursday and they came to dinner so it was really neat to see him. They change so much. It is such a wonderful experience and truly the Lord knows that this is a good time of life to give them a job. The out of towners didn't come down cuz we have a Smith reunion this coming weekend, but it was okay.
My parents were here from Wednesday on. We had a good visit. They did pretty well, my dad get's antsy, ready to go 5 minutes after he gets here, but he was good this time. They have a buyer for their place in Colorado, so if the funding goes thru, they will be back in Payson in October. They don't have a place to live yet, but are working on that. My dad asked me about our temple garments and what they mean and why we wear them. I got so flustered, religion is usually a subject we avoid. I never know what to share and what you shouldn't. Sterling had the best answer; he always does, so confident, so easy.
We went to see "Mama Mia" on Saturday night. Okay, if you like musicals and remembered ABBA, you will love it. I thought it was great, but not for kids, or even teens, unless they like musicals. The singing and dancing and story were lots of fun. Meryl Streep was great.
Kevra made the freshman volleyball team and is super excited. She is busy, busy. We are back into piano for Jordon and he went to elp today and seemed happy about it.
I've started a card making group with a few friends and we had our first meeting. It was fun to get together and create. I need a little creativity in my life to keep me sane. My classes at school are some good, some challenging. I am hoping things improve. We shall see.
4 comments:
So is you cardmaking group just for your ward friends? I would love to join you every so often. I used to do one in our ward but it kind of dwindled away. Talk to you soon.
Paula, I didn't get a chance to tell you that your song was beautiful! I love that arrangement, and even had it out on the piano and had been playing through it this last month. It was very well done! Thanks for sharing your talents!
You did great with your duet! Loved it! Does it get easier sending off another son or is it just as hard?
I enjoy hearing from you here.
Your song with Jen was beautiful, you did blend well and I always love hearing harmony like that (I don't remember you crying or anything? - believe me, no one would appear emotional in that scenario in our ward after my debut - don't know if they'll ever give me another chance! hehe, guess I needed the humility dose) ..
Enjoy your time with Brendon - he is leaving, but with those letters and experiences coming, you will enjoy that too!
I'm glad Kevra made the team! That's great!
Post a Comment