Sunday, September 28, 2008

Brendon and Austin sing at Conference

Okay, it is really late and I need to get to bed, but first a quick line or two.

We got a letter from Brendon, he is doing great and settling in nicely. His comp is from Montana and there are 8 of them headed to his mission. He filled out a form to sing in a special choir the day he got there. He didn't think he would get picked cuz he doesn't have much choral experience, but he did and they are singing for the priesthood session of conference. No joke, he was super excited. He said Austin is too. So tell your hubbies to look for them as they pan the group. I am seriously jealous that I can't go to find him in the crowd.

Kevra won one and lost one in Volleyball this week. She was also in the talent show on Thursday and Friday. The orchestra played a number, but she also sang a solo. I thought she did a very good job, and you know how picky I am about singing. The whole show was really entertaining and it moved along quickly, which was nice. There were several excellent guitar players, including Bryson Petitt in our stake. He was really amazing. It was a fun evening.

I had the card making group of this, week. We made some cute thank you and Halloween cards. Missed you Erin. I started the first phase of redoing Brendon's room into a craft room. We rearranged the furniture with some things from our room; swaped out a few things and cleaned out drawers, etc... His room is ready for paint and to put in the shelves, counter and cupboards. I hope to do all that over the 9 and 10th of October (no school). Jordon wanted to know if this is my new bedroom. Well, no, though I do sleep in there occasionally when Sterling's snoring is too bad for sleeping. I enjoyed women's conference and especially Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. It was a nice evening. I got a new calling in the RS Presidency as Enrichment Counselor. I am excited to work with the sisters and you know I love to plan a party.

5 comments:

Erin said...

You do plan GREAT parties! So sad I missed card club, but I'll be there next month! Hopefully by then I'll be completely unpacked!

spice2116 said...

love thee update you should put pics of the card you made :p

Larry and Karri said...

When is card club? Haven't heard of it but I'd love to come and learn. :)

How fun that Brendon & Austin get to sing at conference!

Breanne said...

I would want to just sneak in the back of Priesthood session if I were you! haha...

You will be a great Enrichment counselor - that makes me excited, I know you will have ideas to please everyone for enrichments...Good luck!

Janalee said...

Paula, when I first moved in the ward you were enrichment leader and got released and went up to bear you testimony and said something like 'I loved my calling but i'm soooo glad I'm released' and started clapping your hands like a little kid and everybody was cracking up. Do you nenember that?