Tuesday, December 23, 2008

One day more

Well, it's almost here, can't believe it. I guess we are ready. I've cooked and created as much as I had time and energy for. I gave cheese balls this year to our friends, they were a little more trouble then I thought. I put too much salt in the first batch (like double, what was I thinking?) Thank goodness I tasted it before I made them into balls, so I just doubled everything else. Well, then I couldn't stir it. Hope they tasted okay.
I wanted to make some different cookies, but as usual, ran out of time. We had some really fun events. Katie and I had a ladies brunch on Saturday and we had a fun time eating and exchanging ornaments. I had asked them to bring the ugliest ornament and we had a great time giggling at the various degrees of ugly. Sunday night we had the annual Smith family Christmas dinner, it was big, crowded and nice to see everyone. We have gotten so big, we really fill up a house. Monday morning I went to breakfast with all my sister in laws. We went to TC Eggintons, yummo. I did the rest of my shopping, some with Jordon and some alone. I got home around 3 and finally started the sweet rolls for caroling around 4, about when the rain began. No we did not carol, though Brooke said she couldn't see why not:) Most everyone still came over and we partied: had coco and sweet rolls, visited, played games, worked on the puzzle, watched a movie. It was really fun and I found some potenial game players . Everyone stayed a couple of hours, it was great. Thanks everyone for helping us finish off those rolls, they are never as good as hot from the oven.

I hope that your Christmas is extra special. I want you to know that I know God lives and loves each of us. He loves us so much that he was willing to let his son come to this earth and watch as he suffered for our failures and shortcomings. So as we celebrate this special event, I add my witness to that of so many others. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ and am so thankful for Him.

Have a blessed and joyful Christmas.

3 comments:

Erin said...

The brunch was soooo much fun! Sorry we didn't make it over Mon. night. Two kids with colds -- fun stuff! :)

spice2116 said...

it was awesome to see you at the smith get together along with everyone else!!

XO said...

A very Merry Christmas to you too! I hope you got to talk to Brendon for a long long time! I guess after my brother got through talking to all my siblings, he only had a few minutes for my parents...and of course my mom was the one who most looked forward to his phone call. Oh well.