I'm feeling a little meloncholy this evening, maybe not the best time to post so bear with me. We have been trying to buy a house with my parents in Payson. They don't really need us to help them, but our original plan was to buy a fixer upper and work on it for several years then retire there. Well, they decided to move back from Colorado and buy one with us; only we don't have the same taste in homes and they need something more livable then we really wanted to buy. I found one I liked and we bid on it while they were in Texas and got it down to a good price, but they went and looked at it today and don't really like it. It is bigger and more open then any house they have ever lived in, it does need a little work, but is in good condition, just some cosmetic stuff, except my Dad is worried about the drainage. Kill joy. He has another house theat he really likes but I felt clostraphobic in that house, so close to the neighbors. The inside was fine. I just don't know at this point. I have prayed about both and felt like either would be fine. Of course, my dad doesn't understand about prayer.
So here is my question to anyone that will help me:
If we check and find there is no water damage, should we get the house we like, even though we won't live in it for 10-15 years or should we get the house that they like since they will be living in it, even though we don't really like it? I know we could sell it if we need to down the road, but that kinda defeats our goal of having a house half paid for by the time we retire.
3 comments:
you know i love ya!! :p really if it is going to be your house in the end you should get what you want now.
good luck i hope it works well for you
10-15 years is a long time - you might not even like the house you like now by that time...but I can see how you don't really want to buy into a house you know you don't like. It's not like you're buying a shirt to share with your sister... houses are a pretty big investment.
I'm sorry Paula...I know how hard it is to work with family...even if it is your parents. As close as my mother and I are, I know we would have the same issues. Hope all works out for all involved.
Post a Comment