Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hakuna Matata

What a wonderful phrase! Yes we went to see Lion King on Friday. I had seen it once before, but noone else in the family so we got tickets to go for part of our Christmas presents. It was so good. The costumes and puppetry were amazing and of course the music. We had tickets in the Grand Tier which is the level between the floor and the balcony, they were great seats. Jordon and Kevra really enjoyed it.

Since my last post, we have bought a house in Payson with my parents. It is not the one I was stressing over before. We decided it wasn't the right one for us and all worked well. It is a nice place and I'm sure my parents will be comfortable there. It all turned out fine. I know, "trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowlege him and He shall direct thy path." I get it. We should close on February 20th.


I've included a few pictures from Christmas. We had a wonderful holiday, but I was slow to get them put on the computer. Trevor was showing off his new ASU attire. Art, we can get you a pair of those pj's. Kevra was showing her new toy, a new phone. Jordon loved his ASU jacket. Sterling's mom Joye came over for dinner. She was down spending the holidays with her sister in Gilbert.


I have been thinking about the new year and what that means to me. Of course, I like most things that are new: new shoes, new clothes, new house, new car, heck even new towels. What is it about something new that makes it so special? Because it is only new for a moment and then it becomes used. (I don't mind used, in fact I am looking for a bedroom set.) So what does the new year mean to me? Mostly, new possibilities. Noone knows what will happen. That's what makes it so mysterious. I have things I want to accomplish, new things, new learning, new happiness, maybe even new sadness. What does it hold for you? What new things do you want to have happen? What new places do you want to visit?

3 comments:

XO said...

The two main things I want to have happen this year is to go on a date with Joel once a week and to go to the temple once a month (this month we went together to the temple on a date - two birds with one stone - I LOVE doing that)

You'd think those things would be no-brainers, but we haven't really exactly or even remotely come close to doing either of them ever. It's an exciting new frontier for us - and going quite well, so far!

Denise said...

I want to learn something new. Either figure out my photoshop and really learn how to use it and/or quilting. Since having kids I feel like my learning has come to a halt. (other than learning how to parent that is) So I want to take a class or self-teach myself something.

I also want to start using my Spanish more. That's not really new but it's something I need to be doing.

spice2116 said...

hey there!!! so glad you were able to find a house, now you just need to post pictures of it :)

as far as the new year. i am going to focus on losing the baby weight and focus on baby and try to make it a full year of breastfeeding. it could happen right?! also want to go visit wick in missouri, i think that would be super fun