Another exhausting week come and gone. I had so much to do this week and not enough energy to get it all done. Here are a few ups and downs of the last few weeks:
UP: We went to Thatcher over the 31st and 1st (I realize some of you may think of that as a down). It was nice to get away and I like the slower pace. We got to visit with all the people we were going for and stayed with Joye to spend some time with her. We ate our fill of Mexican food.
DOWN: Joye's dog Buddy is anything but a buddy. Can you hire a hit-dog to take him out? Now don't report me to the HUMAAN SOCIETY, but that dog is the most rotten, annoying dog I've ever met, and she loves him. Go figure.
UP: I've joined a book club and I went to my second meeting, having actually finished the book. (I don't normally read too much, time, interest, etc....) It was really good, about a woman spy in ww2, very interesting. I don't think I could be a spy, all that lying and secrecy.
DOWN: Now I have to read the next book, after I find it somewhere. (okay, that could be an up)
UP: Brendon is doing great on his mission. He had a baptism yesterday. He sounds like he is very happy and settled into the routine. They had an Elder Coleman come visit and speak to them. He is a GA and Brendon said it was great. We love his funny emails.
DOWN: I miss him, that fact never changes, enough said.
UP: Trevor is having so much fun flying all over the place. They have to rack up 250 hours of flight time (I think that is right) so he has been flying to lots of little towns all over the state. I still need to go with him some time. He and Jessica are living happily in the Dobson ward.
DOWN: I miss him too, that fact never changes. I am glad he is happily married, but just a phone call now and then would be nice. I need to call him more too. How does the saying go, "A son is a son until he takes himself a wife, but....."
UP: Super Saturday for Enrichment. We had a fairly good turn out and I think all who came enjoyed themselves and left with something new. It was fun to get together and chat. I could kick myself for not taking a picture of all the cute aprons, they are all brightening their kitchens now.
DOWN: I was sooo tired when I got home at 3pm. Kristy was out of town and I didn't have my committee helping. Thank heaven for Joann and Denise who stayed to finish cleaning up and Diane and Maureen for cleaning the kitchen. I need to work on my committee a bit to remind them this is not a one women cleaning crew.
UP: Kevra had a concert with Dobson (all the 9th graders got to play with them) and they sounded awesome. I forget they are a high school orchestra. In this semester, they play full orchestra with band kids too, so they get to do lots of things the only string orchestra can't. You should go hear them sometime, they are really terrific.
DOWN: Because of her schedule conflicts, she will most likely not take orchestra next year. I will miss going to her concerts, but we can't do everything.
UP: Jordon is playing basketball. They are 4-6th grade, which is a little big for Jordon. They finally won a game on Saturday and he made 3 shots. GO JORDON!
DOWN: There are no chairs at the school they play at so if you don't take your own, it's sitting on the floor for the hour. I did that once, now the chair is in the van at all times.
UP: When I got home from enrichment, Sterling had cleaned the bathroom. I had been trying to do it all week and hadn't gotten it finished. I could smell the clean when I walked in the house. I thanked him and he said, "I knew you would be too tired to do it." What a sweet heart! The way to a girls heart is thru a bottle of windex.
DOWN: I had that moment of guilt that I should have done it myself. Why do we do that to ourselves? He did something nice and I need to appreciate it for that.
What have been your ups and downs lately?
5 comments:
UP: Working with the Young Women
DOWN: Working with the Young Women
Funny how many of life's experiences are bitter-sweet.
UP: Thought we were all getting better.
DOWN: Now I think we've caught something new that is making us cough almost incessantly and our bodies ache. Love the winter!
Hey what was that WWII book called, my mom lent me one that fits that description and I couldn't fall into it and gave it back unread. She LOVED it btw. I wonder if you'd like my latest favorite, Rebecca. It's our book club read this month.
UP: Those aprons were really cute and it was fun to go and hang out with the ladies for 3 hours. And the cookies and cream chocolates were divine. not to mention sinful.
DOWN: I'm a doofus for not helping you clean up more, I should have realized. lesson learned. next time.
UP: We are getting closer to having this baby
DOWN: He Is in Breech Position and I Might have to have a CSection
UP: That our house wasn't affected by the crash...or that my little boy turned 2! :)
DOWN: My mom was just diagnosed with breast cancer...its been really hard on my entire family.
Post a Comment