Monday, February 16, 2009

Obama is coming to Dobson HS

Yes, he is coming to our HS and we were chosen from a group of possible schools to host him. Our principal is elated as I'm sure the students will be too. It is a really big deal and I hope the kids realize this. Most of us will only get to see him on a tv in our rooms, but a randomly selected few will get to attend the speech. I will tell you all about it after Wednesday. I'm not sure what all I am allowed to tell, not that the newspaper doesn't already know more than me. I hope my students will at least get to see the motorcade or something to feel a part of the day.

4 comments:

Breanne said...

Wow. That IS a big deal - I didn't know this - is he showing up in a few different places, or is this the main spot he's speaking in?

paula said...

Only us, he speaks around 10:15 and will leave by 12noon. He flys out right after that.

spice2116 said...

that is so awesome!!

Janalee said...

saw some of it on the news, now let's hear it from you.