Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ode to Relief Society

We were given 5 minutes in RS to write a poem or thought on what Relief Society is...
Here is mine, I thought it was pretty good for 5 minutes work. Wish I could have incorporated green jello or funeral potatoes somehow.

We gather here each week to learn,
to share a thought or two;
of life and of experience,
a part of me to you.

There is a warmth that I can feel
as we enter in this room.
I care for you, you listen to me
our testimonies bloom.

So what is Relief Society?
Well, I would have to say,
it's sisters bound together
in Heavenly Father's way.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Your poem was awesome! I think it truly captured everything that we all love about R.S.

I loved coming over last week! I always feel so rejuvenated after my visits with you. I love to laugh with you and catch up on stuff. Thanks!

Janalee said...

how fun to write a poem - something different to stretch the creative juices during class.

Breanne said...

Perfect poem! I'm impressed - and I agree with it all.