Sunday, February 22, 2009

Can you spare a minute?

We spent about 6 hours in the dark today. Our electricity was off when we got home from church and didn't come back on until about 10pm. It really made us think about how dependant on power we are. Jordon said he felt like a pioneer.

Wow, what a busy Saturday! It began with breakfast at Coco's with the ladies and Chris P. who was in town. It was so lovely to see and visit with her, she is such a neat lady and I'm glad our paths crossed on this journey thru life. Then I went to the Stake Enrichment and it was really good. They did a very good job of helping us remember how blessed we are and reminding us to be happy and enjoy our lives, the good and the not so good. My mother always said, remember the good times, they will help you thru the not so good. I ran from there over to Jordon's game. It was their second of the day, they only lost by 1 point, it was a good game. After I got home, Sterling and I made a DI run to clean out part of the garage. Then we put the soaker hose in the garden. We have used drips in the past and are trying soaker this year. That stuff is really cool, I know cheap thrills, but who thought of that? I didn't get any house cleaning done. I didn't feel great all day, but pushed thru cuz I had stuff to get done, so I took a nap. That evening I altered Sterling's suit. We had gotten it for $40 at Pennys outlet last fall. They were on clearance so only a few sizes. We got the closest size, figuring I could alter it. I had to let the waist out of the pants and shorten the cuffs on the jacket and of course , hem. The pants were easy, the jacket a little more tricky, but it turned out great. Wish I had done it sooner, but at least it is done now. It is a really nice suit, the inside has some pretty details. (pretty in a seamstress kind of way)

We we not as busy this week as some. Kevra was busy with softball practice, Jordon had the usual stuff. I made cards with Erin, since everyone else was busy. We had an enjoyable evening chatting away. I also had stake aux meeting. It was a good meeting, very helpful. Friday, Sterling and I went up and signed the papers on the house we bought in Payson with my parents. It was a bit of a fiasco and they aren't completly in and won't be until tomorrow, but mostly. Brit M and his friend Nate came up and helped which was awesome. They worked really hard and did a great job, my folks paid them for their time, but it was very good of them to come all that way to help out.

Well, that was my not so exciting week. Brendon is doing really well on the mission. I think he could use a transfer, but I'm not the mission president. Trevor is working hard at flying and school. Jessica didn't feel well this week, but was better on Saturday.

Have a great week:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Paula, what is Jordan playing that he had 2 games? Also, when blogging about you cards you really need to post them...some of us like to see your hard work :)

paula said...

he had a double header in basketball. He has had a good time playing and the league has been organized.