Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break, over too soon

We have had a good spring break. I can't believe how fast it went and it is almost time to go back to work. Here are a few highlights of our week:

Monday: I went down to school to get some work done. I know, can't stay away. Kevra played racquet ball while I worked. I got alot done. I think I cleaned something, but don't remember what.

Tuesday: I worked on the laundry and in the morning. Sterling and the kids went to a spring training game with my brother and his family and my mom. I, Trevor and my Dad went to lunch and the desert botanical gardens. It was a rather warm day, but the gardens were pretty and the wildflowers were in bloom. The glass sculptures were very interesting. A lot of time went into making them. I liked it. Later, everyone came over and we grilled peach chicken (it is a really yummy recipe for the sauce) and ate out on our patio. The evening weather was perfect. We played ah heck and Jordon was the big winner. It was great to see my brother and his family, they live in Texas and we don't get to see them often, so that was nice.

Wednesday: I got the kids up and we cleaned all the windows and screens. They look so much better, it only took about an hour. I went visiting to 2 sisters with Diane. One was Sister Tupper. She is 92 and doing well. She likes her new digs. Had the girls over to make cards. Nice to visit a little.

Thursday: Jordon turned 10. He thought he was going to die to have to wait until 3pm to open presents, but he made it. We had a little party, I took the boys to the golf course and Trevor showed them how to hold the club and swing. They hit a couple of buckets of balls. Jordon is a good little golfer. He has taken lessons and played many times. He was out driving the man next to him. Then we went to play tennis. I had wrapped each type of ball and he would open one to show what we were doing next. They had no idea how to play tennis. I had borrowed a basket full of balls from the tennis coach; so I showed them the basics and they practiced hitting and serving, then tried to play a game. Last we went to the batting cages and they each got to bat 3 tokens worth. We stopped to pick up pizza on the way home. Jordon loved it. Ten is hard to decide on a party, too old for some things, but too young for other.

Friday: Helped Kevra sew her skirt, worked on some scrap booking. Went to Turley's party, lots of fun.

Today: Well, I have a few more things on my to do list that I am going to try and finish today.

It went too quick, now it will be race until the end of the school year.

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a great idea for Jordon's party! Sounds super fun! So glad it went so well! :)

spice2116 said...

such a creative birthday party!! love it