So, on to April we go, marching ever closer to summer.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
What's going on?
Here are a few shots of things that have been happening around our house:
Jordon finished up basketball. He had a lot of fun and I think improved his game. He is a very good defensive player.
We went to Pinewood Derby on Tuesday. Our Stake does it as a stake and it is soooo much fun. They have this guy with an 8 lane track come and he comes too and mc's and gets the kids all fired up. They get to run lots of races. Jordon won many, but was just edged out of the finals. Trevor and Jessica are weblos leaders in their ward so got to help by running part of the track. It was a really fun evening; it went so fast that we were home early.
Kevra went to Disneyland with the orchestra from Rhodes. Band and Choir also went. She said they played really well at the park and at their competition. Of course, they get to spend time at the park too, so I borrowed one of her pictures of them clowning around. She just informed me that I have to tell you all she got her driver's permit on Saturday. Watch out!
I got to escape for the weekend and go with some of my sister-in-laws for our annual weekend away. These are all Sterling's sisters and his mom. I am the only outlaw that goes, the other 3 in laws don't ever want to. Their loss, we really have a good time. We usually shop, eat, watch movies, play games, shop some more, eat some more; you get the picture. I am glad I go and I never feel like I don't fit, other then that they are all a bunch of shorties. This year we went to Showlow and stayed in a really nice cabin. We did a session Saturday morning at the Snowflake Temple. It was so lovely, I felt the spirit so strong, the rooms are so beautiful and the celestial room was filled with sunlight. It made it almost breathtaking. Here we are out in front. It was a little cold for us lowlanders, but we survived. It is nice to get away. Sterling's mom turns 80 this year and we are just so happy that she still gets around well and is in fairly good health. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't wait to do that someday - regular weekend getaways with friends. so fun.
i would have to say the getaways are what i look forward too. yeah for babies!! and so cool that kevra got to go to disneyland. i did that for ninth grade and it was awesome
Paula!! Where are you? We haven't heard from you in a while. Did you forget you had all these blogging buddies? Post soon!!
Post a Comment