So, at first I was slightly crushed that noone wanted to play my little game I signed up for from Marie. I took it personally, that maybe it was me. Funny how we do that, it is automatically about us. I sound like a teenager "it's all about me." Then, I wondered if noone wanted to have me make something because they didn't want to have to make something. So, then it became about you and not me.
I then began to think about my blog and why I even blog at all. You have to admit, it is a slightly voyeristic idea that we take a peek into each other's lives. We put a post out there and want, ironically, someone to say hello; to acknowledge the post and in some strange way, us, who we are, what we do. For me, a blog is more of a journal. It is one way for me to document my life. I'm sure it is boring sometimes, life is boring sometimes, but it is life; with all it's highs and lows. It is one way to get together and chat, without getting together. I miss the getting together, that is the fun part, but this is a good substitute.
So, I won't take it personally; you missed out on a beautiful quilt I was planning to make, or maybe just a loaf of bread.
6 comments:
Its not you! The reason I didn't sign up, is b/c I'm not crafty or artistic in ANY way. I'm not one of those people who can just come up with something. I don't have those fun talents that many people teach others. If I had something I thought I could make, I would be the first to sign up...heck, I LOVE getting things! ;)
Sorry for not commenting. Sometimes I only get a chance to read blogs and nothing else due to little kids. :)
oh man! I missed it! I would have commented for sure. I was still having my pity-party/massive week-long depression that I always get into after visiting family. See, that was ALL about me!
I had just signed up for Marie's and owe one post to pass it on and thought I would be a little greedy if I signed up on yours too, though I love seeing the cute things other sisters make:)
really a quilt? Maybe you should make it and then do a giveaway where you pick a name. People would be clamoring then.
lol you are so funny. i am still trying to figure out what to make people. i love your quilts and your artsy self :) i am glad you blog
Post a Comment