Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day and 2nd Attempt

Here they are. The traditional first day pictures. Jordon is in the 5th grade and was super excited to go this morning. He has 32 kids in his class. I think that is way too many! I hope his teacher is up for the challenge and gets some parents to come help.

Kevra is a big, bad sophomore. It is kinda weird to have her in High School. She has been telling about her day. Sounds like everything went well.She has to get used to the walking all over. I have decided she has the flu, yeah, I know. (it has been a week) She has all the right symptoms. At first, I thought it was a cold, then we had her tested for strep, but it is still with her, a little better, but not gone. (sorry, that was way too long of a description) I think she is on the mend. She has had volleyball tryouts this week and has stuck it out even though she doesn't feel very well.


My first day went fine, I am ready to be back, so it is okay. My classes are big, but not as big as some others, so I won't complain. I heard some classes had as many as 47 kids! You can kiss individualized instruction goodbye.

This is the second attempt at Gingerbread Pancakes. It was Sunday morning. This is a recipe that claims to be the same at the one from the Magnolia Cafe. I don't think so. We did not like them, too gummy. The first recipe is our pick, so far. I still have 2 more recipes to try so I will keep you posted. I know you can't wait to hear the verdict:>)

3 comments:

DA said...

Love the first day of school pics:) Glad that Kevra is on the mend!
Even though the pancakes didn't taste great, the picture sure looks tasty--please do share your favorite when you've narrowed it down.

spice2116 said...

i knew you loved me but seriously to make pancakes in my name lol

cant wait to hear about the volleyball team, goo kevra!!!

the joys of small towns madelyn started today and there were i believe nine 2nd graders. love small towns :)

Linda C. said...

Wow, how did Jordon and Kevra grow up so fast!!! Love the pictures.