Sunday, August 30, 2009

Third times the charm

We tried recipe number 3 for gingerbread pancakes and they were really good. We think it is the best so far. I have one more I want to try that uses a prepared mix with add ins, so far all the others have been from scratch.

Life at our house is the same, busy. Jordon has tonsilitis and an ear infection. It is about this time that I feel like a terrible mother. I knew he didn't feel well, but I didn't know how poorly he felt. He is a pretty healthy kid, so doesn't show being sick. He did learn to swallow a pill this week. Hurray! Have any others had issue with this? He is the first one I haven't had a challenge trying to get them to swallow a pill. It is a mile stone, trust me on this one.

Brendon turned 20 yesterday. I had asked people who know him to send him a card. I miss him on holidays. He will be out 1 year in September. It has gone so fast.

4 comments:

Diana said...

My mouth is watering... How did you make the truck pancake? My boys would love that. I hope Jordan is feeling better. I can't believe Brendon has been out for a year now. Time does fly!

XO said...

Mmm - you'll have to share the "easy" recipe if it's good! I'm an easy kind of gal...

Brendon's been out for a year! Incredible!!!

Janalee said...

dana barely learned to swallow a pill this year too. I agree - it is a milestone when they aren't able to or just refuse up intil that point. I remember being very pleased about it. un-naturally so.

Jen said...

YUM! I would love the recipe! Will you share it with us???