Tuesday, August 25, 2009

odds and ends

Well, I did it! We bought a travel trailer. Now we are officially 'trailer trash'. Brendon says trailers are for sissies....okay, happy to be a sissy. I had been looking for quite some time before Sterling lost his job in May, in fact, we were in the process of buying one but decided we should wait in case we needed that money to live on. So, once he was gainfully employed again, I started to search again. It was kinda good that we waited, cuz it gave us time to think about what we really wanted. I have to say I was the one who really pushed this and wanted to try one. I love to camp, but am past the age of wanting to sleep on the ground. We camped alot when the big boys were younger, but haven't much with Jordon and I really wanted to make some memories like that with him and Kevra. It is a hybrid, the ends pop out like a camper trailer, but it has all the stuff inside of regular trailer. It is small, which is what we wanted, but it has lots of sleeping area and a nice big 'u' shaped table area to play games. I can't wait to try it out:>)

I got this shot of Sterling and 'man's best friend' taking a well deserved nap. Barkley will be 15 in October. He has lasted lots longer then I thought. He has slowed a lot, I frequently check when he sleeps to see if he is breathing. He thinks Sterling walks on water.






Jessica had her birthday earlier this month and we had them over a few days later. I got those cupcakes from Cold Stone. They were very yummy and came in a pack of 6, just the right number.





This one is Trevor thinking "are you going to finish that?"
A couple more ends...
Did you know Dillards at Fiesta Mall is closing and they have some awesome prices ?
Jana, what can I do to make my pictures more clear, they look a little blurry to me, not crisp. Would you be interested in teaching a digital photo class for enrichment some time? I know you have nothing else to do (right!).

4 comments:

spice2116 said...

do proud of you for taking the plunge on the trailer it looks awesome and i will enjoy reading about your adventures.

DA said...

Looks like a fun trailer! We like tent camping, but I sure wish we had a trailer whenever we think of going somewhere with bears!!!

Janalee said...

well since you asked me in front of everybody....give me details about what exactly you have in mind.

as for crisp, maybe just make them bigger? do you have it on the large setting? I have the trick to make them really big, like on my blog, but I think you'd have to get rid of your scrappy background and go to a big plain one like mine to make it work right. am I making sense?

Diana said...

I think camping in a trailer is really the way to go! How fun. I have been thinking that we need to do more camping. My boys love being outdoors.