Let's just say, I hate having blood drawn. It is not so much the needles, but that they can never find a vein. Thank goodness, I am relatively healthy and only have to put myself thru this torture occasionally. I had to get it done about a month ago, 6 trys. 6! One test needed more blood, so back I went. This time, 4. No it is not because I am heavy (although I'm sure that doesn't help), she said there are plenty of skinnys that have the same problem. My veins are too deep. My dad says he has the same problem, thanks dad. My anxiety rises every time I have to go and I usually leave in tears. What fun torture to put ones self thru.
In other, more happy news.
Kevra is counting the days until her bday.
Jordon is loving band, he is playing percussion and we get to hear the sound of bells.
Brendon did not get transferred and got greenie number 3.
Trevor and Jessica are getting ready for the baby. Trevor got a question answered by NASA astronauts on the space station. Check it out on his blog.
Sterling is liking his job more and more each day. He gets to go to Vermont for a few days for a conference. I told him he better take some pictures of the leaves.
We went to see Julia & Julie on Friday. I liked it, made me want to cook something yummy. (Eva you have to see it, you will love it)
School is good, busy. I'm taking Hula Dancing lessons, well, when I remember to go. I'm so forgetful these days. I know, go ahead and have a little giggle of that image of me hula dancing but I'm sure grass skirts come in all sizes:>). It was really fun, much harder than you think. Aloha.
4 comments:
So sorry about all the trys to get your blood. Bruce has the same problem sometimes. Love it that you are taking hula lessons. I've always wanted to do it, but have never made the effort. Sounds like so much fun! Watch out roads, here comes Kevra!
ouch that does look like it hurts thanks for the shout out for my NASA question answer: http://trevor-time.blogspot.com/2009/09/nasa-answered-my-question.html
I've had similar experiences giving blood. Well, I guess I don't really give blood since it's not voluntary:). I tried the donating thing once and after too many pokes on both arms and a little fishing around with a needle for the vein (eek!) I was done done done. It's never much fun and I always have to tell the nurse that my veins are kind of tricky.
Good luck with the hula--sounds like fun!
I really want to see Julie & Julia....may have to go by myself though. I won't complain though - I have great veins. Can you believe I actually look forward to getting blood drawn? I just love it when they say - Wow! You have great veins. Then I smile humbly and think "oh yah, i rock"
Post a Comment