Thursday, October 1, 2009

The latest

Seems like I've been swamped lately. I know, seems liked that's all I ever say. I need some help with time management.


I flew to Texas to surprise my brother for his 50th birthday. He was very surprised! It was so great to get him. Not to toot my own horn, but I took the neatest gift. We had thought of 50 of lots of little things and put them in a bag: pennies, candy, postit notes, pages in a book, lego, puzzle, etc... He didn't get it at first, but as he pulled things out, he realized I was showing him what 50 looked like. The best of all was I had typed up "50 Memories of Mike". Starting at my earliest memory of him to last summers' visit and all along the way. Not long things, just short one or two lines. He sat and read all of them out loud (I wasn't expecting that). His family was all there (they are all grown and live on their own) and our parents, so we got to reminise and explain various entries. We laughed and laughed remembering life growing up together. It was great. Here's to you Mike, the best big brother a girl could have wanted. Happy 50th!
Kevra turned sweet 16 last week and had a party on Saturday. They ate and played games, some inside some outside. I think Kevra was happy. The kids gave some very clever gifts. She had asked for money (when they asked for an idea) and they packaged it in a variety of ways, very fun. She doesn't have the liscense. The MVD computers were down the day we went, bummer. Hopefully Saturday.

We are still on the grandbaby watch, 2 weeks and counting. Dr said she hasn't dropped yet, so may be late, bummer. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. Trevor was 2 weeks late, Brendon 4 days late. I know that doesn't make her feel any better. Hang in there Jessica, he will come when he is ready or the dr says induce; which ever comes first. We went to the baby shower and they got lots of nice things, which is always fun.

Brendon is enjoying the fall weather. Sure is a missionary, I can't get him to talk about anything else! (as it should be) They are working with re-activation and teaching inactives and part member families. They are having some success and learning how to help those who need a little help to come back to the fold.
Jordon got to go to an ASU football game with Trevor. Sterling and Trevor got season tickets. They had lots of fun spending time together. It is a little different when they are 13 years apart in age, but they really do have a lot of the same interests and I know Jordon loves it when Trevor pays attention to him. Thanks Trev.

Sterling got to go to Vermont last week for work. I would have gone too, but overlapped with my Texas trip. He said the leaves had not turned, but the fall air was crisp and cool and the food at the hotel was provided by a culinary school and was yummy. In March, they go to Arruba. Hmm, may have to make time for that trip.
I don't know where September went, it just zipped by for me. School is fine, my classes are settling down a bit. I have a stress fracture in a bone in my foot and am in a walking boot. I think I started it in Hula class and it got worse over the next weeks. The boot keeps it stable, but I look forward to taking it off in the evening. I have to wear it for 3 weeks. Guess I'm going to have to hang up my grass skirt for now.

1 comment:

Diana said...

No wonder you haven't been posting. You have been a busy woman! Been there with the boot. Not fun. I love the birthday gift idea. What a fun way to celebrate. Happy Birthday to Kevra and we can't wait to see Trevor and Jessica's new little guy!!!