Only 4 more shopping days left. I know what you are thinking, I'm ready for it to come, but not ready too. Christmas is so anticipated and can almost be a let down, if you don't have the right frame of mind. After a whirlwind week of activity, I think I can say I am feeling the peace of this season as I think about my Savior and the gratitude I feel for His humble birth and ultimate sacrifice for all of us. I cannot comprehend the magnitude of it.
Last Saturday, 3 of us, Kevra, Jessica and I, went to see the Nutcracker at the Mesa Arts Ctr. It was really good. Actually, I have seen that production at least 8 times. We go every year, this year Jessica joined us and they were having a sidewalk fair when we got out, so wandered around for an hour.
We went to 2 concerts on Tuesday, Jordon's was first at 6:30 and was over quickly. Kevra's was at 7:30 and not over so quickly. Both groups did an excellent job. It was interesting to see both ends of the spectrum in one evening; the beginners to the experts. Jordon plays percussion and I think really likes the variety it affords him. Kevra is playing cello and Dobson's symphony orchestra was truly amazing. You would never think they are a high school orchestra. If you ever get a chance to go this year, do it.
Saturday I had a Christmas brunch with Katie and it went really well. Most of the people we invited came and we ate, shared a tradition and exchanged Santa ornaments. It was really a nice morning and our food came out about even. (If you know me, that's important, I hate waste.) We had a RS presidency dinner with spouses at Diane's. She made a yummy dinner and we then shared traditions. It was a nice evening, I work with some wonderfufl ladies.
The choir sang in Sacrament and I must say, not to toot my own horn, but we sounded awesome. We also went to hear part of Dobson ward cuz Trevor sang a duet and also sounded awesome.
So, I think I'm ready for Christmas, but still have 1 or two more things to do before it gets here.
So, I think I'm ready for Christmas, but still have 1 or two more things to do before it gets here.
4 comments:
I love the music of Christmas. All of the concerts, ward choir, etc. really bring the spirit of Christmas. Love reading about your family.
Our ward choir sang several musical numbers this Sunday. I always love hearing Christmas music. It is such an easy way to feel the true spirit of the season.
Yes, the choir was absolutely AWESOME! Loved the program with so much music! The songs -- oh, it was good!
the nutcracker sounds like a lot of fun. an awesome tradition. love hearing you sing, i bet it was fabulous!!
Post a Comment