*I'm on the hunt for a used ipod nano. I have tried on craigslist, but I seem to be a little slow so I am pleading to the masses (well, maybe not MAsses, but those handful that read my blog). I want a 3rd or 4th generation, and willing to pay up to $75. Must be in good condition, with few, if any scratches. If you are moving up to an itouch or just have one you rarely use, or know someone who does, I'm open. Thanks. Meanwhile, I'll keep plugging away on craigs. *I am jealous of the snow people. I love snow. Now, I may not love it so much as an adult, but as a kid, it was great. Sledding, snow days, snowmen, snow ice cream, snow forts, snowball fights, snow skiing. We had a snow blower, so I never had to shovel. My dad would head off down the street, blowing off everyone's sidewalks and driveways. When dinner was ready, my mom would tell me to go find dad . He was usually heading up the next street over, enjoying every minute of it. Did you ever live where it snowed and did you like it?
4 comments:
I've never lived in a snowy place (OK, when I was too little to remember I did), and my feeling is that it's a nice thing to visit. I am getting into the Christmas spirit this year by re-reading Two From Galilee by Marjorie Holmes. I love this book and it makes Mary and Joseph and their journey so real, and really brings the true spirit of Christmas home to me.
I'm from Chicago and lived on Lake Michigan. So, not only did we get snow...but we got lake affect snow! LOVED LOVED LOVED it!!! I loved how quiet our street would get when the snow would fall. Nothing says Christmas to me, more than snow does!
Sorry you miss your missionary. I'm sure he is missing you just as much! I remember my first Christmas away from home on my mission. My brother just flew to Chile a few days ago for his mission. While I never got to see him, knowing he's gone makes me miss him even more!
We lived in Utah when we were first married and got all the fun snow up there!! My favorite was making snow angels. Lars thought I was nuts but I liked it.
I have a nano :) sending you an email now.
I've lived in hot places most of my life, so I like to visit snow, not live in it!
We tried the gingerbread pancakes this past Saturday. They were great! I think we should add some ginger and cinnamon to our pancakes for the rest of the winter!
Post a Comment