Happy New Year to all! Our laptop has been out of commission for a week and was fixed today. (thank you Grant) I put my pictures on it so had to wait. Here is what you missed.
- Christmas was really great.
- We went to Sterling's sister on the 20th and it was fun to see family, especially those we don't get to see often.
- The 21st we had our annual friends caroling. I made sweet rolls and we went to several widows and elderly in our ward and they were all so grateful. We decided though that we like walking instead, but the recipients sure enjoyed it. We had 50 people, it was so fun.
- The 23rd we went to see Meet Me In St Louis with all of my family (T&J and my parents and of course Jordon and Kevra) It was at Broadway Palms and really a fun evening.
- The 24th we delivered goodies, wrapped gifts, had soup and bread, used the nativity as we read the story and sang songs, watched Charlie Brown.
- Christmas Day was really nice. The kids seemed happy with their loot, T&J came over at about 9 and stayed the day. We loved having them and enjoyed our time with Shad too. We made prime rib for dinner, super yummy. I have this great meat timer that you put in the meat as it cooks, set the temp you want, when it gets there, it beeps. Meat is perfect everytime. We got to talk to Brendon in Seattle. It was wonderful to hear his voice and ask him about his life. He was on speaker phone and we talked for over an hour. We were completely out of things to say, but neither end wanted to say goodbye. It is so bitter/sweet. You know you will not get to hear that voice again for many months and it is so hard to let it go. We ended the night at the temple, as we always do. It was kinda cold, but it reminds us after all the festivities that this is Who we celebrate; His birth, His life, His death, His resurection.
- The 26th we went with Bruce and Erin to see Manheim Steamroller. The concert was good, but the company was even better.
- New Year's Eve, Kevra had about 10 friends over and they had fun playing games, eating, shooting a few small fireworks and ending the night with pancakes at 1 am. We had our neighbors over and sat out by the fireplace talking and catching up. We spend it with them almost every year and it is a nice tradition.
- Today, I watched the parade, like I always do and they are watching football. We also feast on the 1st; put out a bunch of appetizers and then just nibble all day, no true meals.
I haven't nailed down any new goals. I have several swimming around in my head, but haven't WRITTEN them down yet. They say it is only a wish if you don't write it down. Jana's are a lot, you go girl:)
3 comments:
It sounds like you had a lovely holiday. I love hearing other family's traditions. I love your new background, by the way!
well, meet me at the end of the year to see if I really go.
I love reading about your traditions. I especially liked the one about going to the temple lights on Christmas night. That grandbaby is soooo adorable.
Post a Comment