Friday, January 8, 2010

One word

My niece put the following on her blog:

"I have seen different posts on various blogs, talking about the power of choosing just one word to focus on for the new year. I love this idea, and thought that instead of setting a huge list of goals, I could choose a word to encapsulate what I want for 2010."

You can read the rest of her post and find out what word she chose here.  I thought that this is a wonderful idea, so I decided to think about it more deeply before I chose one.  After some time pondering, I did come to a decision and here is my word for the year.

healthy

Of course the obvious, one definition of healthy includes fitness; weight management and exercise, but I think it encompasses more then that:

healthy attitude; accentuate the the positive, eliminate the negative
healthy cooking; including new recipies, having fun trying them
healthy bank account; saving more, spending less, being creative, paying things off
healthy testimony; doing those things that strengthen: search, ponder and pray
healthy relationship; time spent with Sterling, nurturing relationships
healthy family; less dr visits, learning and practicing more holistic alternatives
healthy conversations; spending time with those I love, listening, laughing
healthy activities;  making time to be outside, trying new things
healthy self-esteem; take time to take care of myself, my needs, feel good about who I am 

I still have some more specific goals and plans to change, but I like the idea of having this word in my head to sort of guide my thinking as I go.

Do you have a word that you would like to work on this year?  What is it, no seriously?  Take some time to think about it. You don't have to tell me here.  Post it on your blog if you like. 

4 comments:

XO said...

Gosh. I really love your word. It's a perfect resolution. Since I haven't made any resolutions yet, I think I will take time to think through this one-word-resolution thing. Thanks!

Breanne said...

I like this idea a lot too. I'll have to think on it some more for myself.

I like your word too - and all that you made it out to be. That's awesome :)

spice2116 said...

what a perfect word and it really can be related to more than just eating weight management and such. LOVE IT

Diana said...

I love your word. Best wishes for a healthy year!