1. Love Notes
I got this idea from Milk and Honey designs blog, who got it from Becky Higgins. We modified it a little to meet the Valentine needs. You get a clear plastic container with a flip up lid.
Inside, I put some candy, pens, post-it notes, a couple scriptures on love and the instructions. Each person in the family writes an "I love you because..." note on a post-it and then puts it somewhere fun that you know they will find it. We hid them in books, on computer screens, bathroom mirror, steering wheels, backpacks, you get the idea. When you write one, you can take a candy too. We started on the 7th and did it for a week. It was really neat as the week progressed to read what we love about each other. It would work best at your house if everyone can write. It was a wonderful thing for all of us to express how much we love each other.
2. Crocheted Hearts/Cards
I got this cute idea from Little Birdie Secrets (I LOVE their site, great ideas). I like to crochet and I make cards, so I made a few. I wished I had had a smaller hook, I used an F, the smallest I had and I also used #5 weight thread and doubled it cuz I did not have the #3 they suggested. I made some solid and some with two different colors. They turned out sooooo cute. And this is what I did with them...
I made these adorable cards. Okay, I'm tooting my own horn, but it is always fun with a project turns out.
I made a couple into "thinking of you, with love" and "at this time of need"(sympathy). The hearts are super easy and quick. I used tacky glue to makes sure they stayed on well. I cut up an old recital piece from our piano bench for the music, but you could easily copy something online to use.
3. Cookies!
We never made them at Christmas, so I wanted to for Valentines, they are so yummy. I like crunchy not chewy, a discussion we have at our house as to which is best. The kids helped and made a mess, but that is part of the activity, right?
So, I know these are too late for this year, but make a mental note, try to spread a little love next year.
6 comments:
I LOVE your ideas. I can't wait until our kids can write so I can try the love note idea. My brain is thinking of how to adapt this for little ones... The cards turned out adorable! Jenny crocheted similar hearts into a garland for me, and it's one of my favorite decorations for Valentine's Day.
those crocheted hearts are darling!
I hadn't thought of putting those hearts on cards. Hmm...next year... :)
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the idea! I absolutely love the cards!
Those cards were adorable. Love your ideas.
Paula I have tried several times to crochet and I can not get the hang of it. It makes me so mad and frustrated I want to throw it out the window. So I think those hearts are incredible.
Our girls had a FIG activity where they came home and did secret service and left a chocolate heart in its place. They were serving left and right and I was gobbling up the hearts left and right.
Post a Comment