Half empty or half full? How do you see the world? Me, personally, I'm a half full kinda gal. I try not to dwell on the negative and look for the positives in my life. Count my blessings, name them one by one. What are you? There are many things we can and cannot change about our lives. I have had some frustrations at work, but the reality is, they are things I have no control over. I have to let them go and focus on the things I can change.
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
That poem hung, embroidered, in a large frame by my grandparents door. It is the AA poem. See my grandfather was an alcoholic most of his life. In his 50's, he turned his life around and after he quit, he traveled to many places trying to help others quit. I guess, I memorized the poem from seeing it so much. If you don't like your life, change it. Just a little at a time, even if you only begin by changing the way you see the glass.

4 comments:
I think I teeter. Some days I feel like the half full gal, some days I feel like the half empty gal. Most of the time it depends on if I've had enough sleep the night before. :)
love the poem!! half full all the way and agree that if you dont like your life change it.
That just made me thirsty. What does THAT mean?
I'm a firm believer in seeing things the way they are, getting to the root of whatever is wrong, and a lot of hard work to make it better.
Now I must get a drink of water.
I guess I didn't realize that poem was from AA. I've seen it so many times, and think it is so profound. I try to be a half full gal, and usually find if I am in a half empty mood, counting my blessings puts me back into a better perspective.
Post a Comment