We are back to school and work for me, so that means back on a schedule. Here are a few things that help keep me from getting more gray hairs:
Wall calendar - This is for family things. We usually plan on Sundays for the week so we know what we are doing, so that is why next week is not filled in too. It keeps us moderately organized so we know where everyone is going.
Food calendar - It all began when we sat down to look at our spending and realized we were spending way too much on food, including eating out. The spring gets so hectic that we tend to grab a bite out more then normal. So, we have cut back on our food budget and I have tried to be more organized in cooking. I started about 6weeks ago to use the Food Nanny calendar to plan my meals and I really like it. I felt like we were in a rut and I would put off deciding what is for dinner until after school, which is too late. I have watched her show a couple of times, it is okay, but her calendar and thoughts on planning are great. You can go to her website and copy the calendar. She organizes by type of food, including comfort food, traditional and family favorites. She has recipes if you want to try them (I have used a few), but you can also use your own. I plan on the idea of 3's. Three things for dinner, at least one has to be a veggie or fruit. I write all three on the calendar. She also recommends shopping only 2 times a month. This has been killer for Sterling, who does the shopping. ( I'll let you in on a little secret, he loves doing it and coming home with several unneccesary items. He has alot of his mother in him, she does the same thing) We are doing well and I feel less stress after work. Write it in pencil so you can make changes as plans change during the week.
Phone calendar - I also figured out how to use my phone to help me remember things (okay, I am pushing 50). Now, I am not one to carry it in my pocket, just my purse, but I like how it has a reminder sound that I can set to remind me 15 to 60 minutes before. Usually, I already know, but I like the reminder, just in case I forgot. Let me tell you, the older you get, the more forgetful you become. I used to be able to remember everything, but not anymore, so a little help is nice.
I also have a planner and calendar at work that helps me know what I'm teaching (kinda important) and what I need to get done that day. Whew, that may seem like a lot, but it works for me.
*PS there is a really cute video of Shad taking his first steps at Jessica's blog MOMENTS. Scroll down just a little to get there. You will love it; I guarentee.
No comments:
Post a Comment