I wanted to get my family together to go on a picnic or hike or something for my bday, but with busy schedules, it wasn't going to happen. So, I decided spend the day doing some things I wanted to do and take pictures to show what I did for my 49th birthday. (I know, wow 49, it sounds so old, it IS so old. I don't think 49. I think more early 30's? I feel....well, it depends on the day..., not early 30's. It is funny how perspective is everything. When I was 16, 30 was ancient. When I was 30, 50 seemed ancient. Now that I'm 49, 80 seems ancient. I hope I get to find out someday if it is:)
Next stop: Krisy Kreme for my free dozen glazed doughnuts. Yes, it is true. (thanks Sarah C. for the info on the freebies)
Next stop: Jordon's basketball game. They won. Jordon scored about 10 of their 41 points.
Love this kid!
Next stop: A friend from work's house to pick a few grapefruit. She does not like them and Sterling loves them, mostly for juicing. Thanks Georgia.
Next stop: Royal Nails. I got my toes done. Love sitting in the chair massaging my back as my toes and legs are pampered. I got red for Valentine's Day. Aren't they pretty?
Next stop: Quiltworks quilt shop. I had a gift certificate from Christmas, so went to spend it. Ahhh, like a kid in a candy store, like my dad in a hardware store, like my mother-in-law at the Cracker Barrel store; I love the quilt shop! This green is my favorite color (and red too).
Pretty batik quilt.
This was part of a small wall hanging in the bathroom. I wanted to see it close, loved the embellishments.
This is what I got- two patterns and a mini cutter.
Next up: Sprouts. I was looking for a dropper for some oils I use. (the picture is the bag, it looks delicious)
Here is what I got. Yes, there are veggies and fruit on the bottom.
What Sterling did on my birthday. Love a man that vacuums.
The kids came over for gifts, dinner and games. I got some nice gifts from the family. This is Jordon's homemade card. Think I 'll keep this one.
Sterling got me a new tv with dvd for the bedroom. We had been talking about getting one and I wanted a dvd so I could exercise in my own room. He got a good deal. I dropped the hint about 2 weeks ago. Pays to drop a few hints.
We had a yummy dinner of steak and all the fixins. Sterling grilled and it was great. I meant to take a picture of it, but since I never ate lunch, I guess I was hungry:)
Here is the group playing "Ticket to Ride." No, they did not let me win on my birthday. Brendon won, but it was close.
No post would be complete without Shad.
As you can see, it was wonderful birthday. Thank you to all those who wished me a happy day,.. it was.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday! Clayton called Krsipy Kreme here in Ohio on his birthday to ask about the free dozen donuts and they had no idea what he was talking about! It was a big blow.
What a fun post! Happy Birthday Paula! You are just the neatest lady, I really look up to you.
And apparently, I'm trying to be like you:) We went to Joe's farm grill for dinner, and I requested moose tracks ice cream- my favorite too! Now I just need to get to that quilt shop and a pedicure, both which would be wonderful...
I like how you took the time to take pictures of everything and reassured everyone that yes, there was produce at the bottom. funny.
happy birthday! As fast as the years are flying these days, 49 is right around the corner for me.
Great post! I was looking forward to it once you mentioned it.
That sounds like a great birthday & I'm glad it was - you deserve it. Way to treat yourself on your special day too :)
I laughed at the veggie in the bag commentary too.
Thanks for all you do in the ward and for cheering on us other bloggers over these last few years. I'm glad I got to serve in Primary with you in my start in the Keating Ward. ... Great opportunities, good friendships made, great examples. Thank you.
....
I appreciated that post on words too by the way. I have thought several times how I am grateful not to have to hear profanity regularly. It can be tough to hear that for sure. Interesting to think about the power we give them.
Happy Birthday! It looks like you had a really fun day. Gotta love all the birthday freebies and pampering!
What a fun birthday! I'm sorry to be late in wishing you a happy birthday, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I hope you have a wonderful day today too.
Sounds like a great day. I loved reading about it.
What a marathon of birthday happiness!! It sounds magical!! I'm glad you had a great birthday :)
Post a Comment